About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Halloween Fun

Pin It



Supplies:
Smoothfoam TombstoneHeat tool
Stencil, painters tape
Acrylic paints
Brayer
First I taped a large 12″ X 12″ Day of the Dead skull stencil on the Smoothfoam tombstone and used a heat tool with a pointed tip to carve out areas on the stencil. Be careful with the tool as it gets very hot and you barely have to touch the Smoothfoam for it to melt away! I like being able to control the depth of the melt. After finishing with the stencil, I went freehand with the heat tool to write RIP.
After I finished carving, I spread some paint on a flat surface and rolled the brayer in it to transfer the paint to the surface of the tombstone. By using a brayer instead of a brush, paint only went on the raised areas. The recessed areas stated white.
Day of the Dead Smoothfoam carving
When I was editiing the photos I thought it would be cool to make one black and white…gives it a creepy look. I am hoping to have several more done in time for Halloween to decorate my whole yard!

black smoothfoam headstone

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has this inspired you?