About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dreamweaver Thursday with Ann Butler Designs

Pin It

The Dream Team is ready to inspire you with some extra fun this week! Not only are we posting with the Flora and Fauna challenge, we are introducing you to our THREE NEWLY RELEASED DESIGNS...our Owl Buddy, the Open Sheep, and the art nouveau-inspired Heron, which you had a sneak peek at two weeks ago on the Dream It Up! blog. Three lucky commenters on the Dream Team's posts will receive one of these designs to be announced on the Dream It Up! blog next week. Tell us in your comment which technique YOU would use with your favorite of these new designs.

Here is what I created this week...

 I started with a canvas that had sections already blocked off so I used Ann Butler Stamps from Unity and Ann's ink from Clearsnap for the foundation of this piece.
 After the stamping was complete I used the pearl paste and this NEW little owl stencil for my center focal point.  I think he is so cute and so glad there is a little owl to match the bigger one!
 This is how it looks stamped and with the embossing paste applied.  Now to let the paste dry!
 Yay...It is dry enough to tape off and color!
 I used the Color Solutions and Fantastix to color in!

 Now for the wings..


 And the chest piece of Owl!  I love how the colors match Ann's Ink!  Happy Accident!

 And the finishing touches of the eyes and the outlines.  I may go back and add some Crystal Bling....hmm

 And the finished piece once I used some ink around the edges to tie it all together.  Who knows, I may go in and embellish even more, but for now, it is on my wall in my studio.

Find me on Facebook, InstagramPinterest and Twitter!


Ready for more ideas? Check out our this week's team players:

13 comments:

  1. This is a fun and playful card Kristi! I love how you started it on canvas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not a card, just a canvas and I am pretty sure I am adding BLING!

      Delete
  2. Love the Color Solutions on the Pearlescent paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun piece Kristi! I bet you smile every time you look at it in your studio, he is just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Pearlescent paste stenciled with the Color Solutions! Great thinking! I am definitely working with that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful canvas! Love this little owl. Great ideas for coloring him too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great canvas, love how you used the stamps!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?