About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dreamweaver Stencils Thursday!


Pin It

After a year off I am back designing for Dreamweaver Stencils.  I will be posting for the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month and the other half of the team will be posting the other Thursdays so make sure to always start at Dream It Up blog for all the links!  There are also challenges and opportunities to WIN FREE STUFF! Visit all the blogs this week...





Welcome to the merry month of May! The Dream Team are challenging you this month to a "Flora and Fauna" theme! Considering most of the Dreamweaver designs incorporate both of these in the huge variety of stencils, you should have no problem playing along with our challenge this month! As usual, link your creations at the end of the Dream It Up! blog post, or at the end of our posts where it says,"Add Your Link". As the challenge gets underway, you'll see thumbnails of others who are playing along as inspirations for your own creations! 





So I am still using the awesome flower by Stampendous this week. 

Diamond Glaze by Judikins



Stamp and heat emboss flower.  Color in with Glaze pens.  These are amazing as they blend so well and give a little raised finish.

Color the background of the paper with Color Solutions and using the Fantastix!  These little "pens" are just great and it makes it easy to color with out of the bottle Alcohol Ink!  I also used the blending solution to make the colors lighter and darker.
I covered half of the finished image with the Flower Stencil and used Transparent Embossing paste.  When I removed the stencil I applied glitter. Let Dry

When It was mostly dry I added the "forever friends" stencil and let it dry also.
You can see a little bit of the sparkle from the glitter on the dry portion of the flower.
I cut all my layers of paper and used the Ann Butler stamp with the VersaMark ink just to add a subtle background on the darker blue. I also added the Connie Crystal products at this time with a little Diamond Glaze from Judikins.
A few closer looks!

These are the perfect crystals for the center of the large flowers!
Love the way the smaller crystals sparkle.
Another photo of the finished card.  

I do have to tell you, I had great inspiration for this card.  I am fortunate that I have my mother and will celebrating with her this week for Mother's Day.  As I have gotten older she has become a great friend but this card is for two of  my Dreamweaver Sisters that have become such "forever friends"!  I think Mother's Day is more than just recognizing moms but amazing women in our lives.  On the Dream Team I have several but this is for Laura Drahozal and Georgia Sommers.  I am blessed by you and hold you in the highest regard.  Thank you for working with me on other teams, enjoying the land of the mouse with me and above all you are my .... forever friends!  

Happy Creating!






6 comments:

  1. Kristi...I am always amazed at your creations! Wow...I LOVE the translucent paste over the design and all the clusters of fabulous fabulous crystals from Connie Crystal!!! Again...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, clever card Kristi! Love the quatrefoil 'overlay' effect over the flower and the added dimensional elements. Welcome (back) to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love all the step out pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! Great use of colors and I love the crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, Kristi! I love that you only stenciled over half of the flower, very avant garde! The glitter and crystals adds such delicious sparkle, too!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?