About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Friday, April 25, 2014

Dream-Pendous Fun

Pin It
  Welcome to another "Dream-Pendous" week of inspiration! The Stampendous team and the Dreamweaver team are collaborating once again with all the fun toys in both team's arsenal. Of course, as usual, there will be great prizes available for those who comment throughout this week. There will be three prize packages available to win. Each will have a great selection of Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous images and dies...one of which being the new "Blossom Beauty" face image as shown here!




This is what I came up with for today!
 I stamped the flower a bunch of times in black VersaFine Ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

 I did several things with this layer.  I used Color Solutions on Acetate then used Glossy White Embossing Paste over the Thank You Stencil.  After the paste was dry I slightly went over it with a little more of the Color Solutions.  I then stamped the FACE and colored the eyes with my trusty gel pens.  I attached all layers together and set aside.
 The background stencil is the Swirl Mosaic!  I LOVE this stencil.  I again used the Glossy White embossing paste and after it was dry I used different colors of Color Solutions letting some of the white show through.
 Of course I layered it up pretty well! Then went to work on my flowers.  I used the gel pens again and colored my heart out!  I did not use the dies to cut out the flowers this time.  The machine was in the other room and the scissors were right there so I just did the fussy cutting!
 I love the gel pens as they have a white and it is fun to blend.  I then just layered and popped up different layers at different heights!
  Here is the finished project again!
Make sure and HOP to all the links below!  Leave some comments and have some fun!


Happy Creating!
Kristi


41 comments:

  1. Your Thank You card was so inspiring! I love the Color Solutions and the Mosaic Stencil. The gel pens do look like lots of fun to use. Your placement of the blossoms brought the card together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!
    LOVE the colours, LOVE the flowers, LOVE the mosaic, LOVE all the products & techniques you have combined, SO MUCH for me to try => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION and tutorial too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your coloring with the gel pens is gorgeous. Love the mosaic background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week has gone all too quickly. Beautiful. Thank yiu. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The possibilities of these stamps are endless...thanks for your creation!! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say? This is positively gorgeous! The colors are stunning and my eyes are drawn to each section with all the lovely dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the use of the eyes on the card. Eyes are a big thing with me. Love thew arrangement and use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the colours you used! Beautiful flowers! I have enjoyed the hop this week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing. The eyes peeking out from the top, the mosaic tiles and the flowers.
    All work together to make a beautiful piece. Great that the flowers were elevated from the base. Gives it depth. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card! I love how she's peeking out of the top! The flowers are gorgeous and look so pretty with that stencil! Just another lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors and layering on this, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous..this is so different

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a WOW card. Love the background, the eyes, the flowers. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a spectacular design, love all the pretty details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Just WOW!! Love the color palette and the flowers are stunning!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your project is GORGEOUS! The techniques and creativity you used is inspiring.....LOVE it!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the greenery. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card! Your colors are gorgeous, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the different things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of great techniques on your project.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the swirl and layered flowers Kristi! Such a wonderful design and great use of many products

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. The eyes have it. Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card - the eyes have it. Lovin that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really really like this. Looks kind of mysterious! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing your project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful! I love the colors of the flowers and the swirl mosaic stencil looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kristi, your peeking eyes and mosaic are so fun, and the gel pens on the flowers sure do pop with color! Thanks so much for sharing your thank you with us! We love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy Mosaic. that is just beautiful, Time consuming I bet but just stunning, i love the green tones. Thank you fro sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your use of the stencil! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a rich looking card! The colors in the mosaic are wonderful and the flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous background and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a pretty card! I love the embossing and mosaic background.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the way you did the flowers. I well try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. sexy and mysterious lady! I like it;) pinned, thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  35. The colors, texture and colors are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! Beautiful colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, wow, wow and then there is mosiacs too! No words, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! You nailed this! I really love the creative liberty you took with your face! (that doesn't sound exactly right, but hopefully you know what I mean, lol)

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?