About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Let It Snow Wall Decoration

Hello all!  Today is a fun hop with Smoothfoam & The Robin's Nest.  Let's Play!!! The Robin's Nest Design Team is very excited to team up with the SmoothFoam Design Team for this absolutely fabulous Blog Hop.  Each of these designers are so talented, I hope that you are inspired enough to leave a comment on each one of their blogs.   A grand prize winner will be chosen, this prize will include SmoothFoam and Robin's Nest products.  You must comment and become a follower on each blog, including this one,  in order to be eligible to win.  If you are joining the hop here, make sure and head over to Chattering Robins Blog for the start of the hop!  Have fun and good luck!
 
Supplies:
Smoothfoam round 6" circle
The Robin's Nest Paper cut to 6 x 6
Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest
Crystal Glitter from Art Glitter
Faux Snow from Art Glitter

1.  Start by cutting the paper to fit the flat surface of the foam.  I used the DDCA from Art Glitter to adhere the paper to the foam surface.

2.  Go around the circumference of the circle with the 2" Tape.   Align the tape to the bottom of the foam and let the remainder of the tape stick up above the top of the foam and paper.

 3.  Cut slits in the tape about every inch or so apart.
 4.  Fold in the tape one section at a time.  Make sure to pull up firmly and press down well.  If the tape has minor folds don't worry, it won't show!  Pull up the backing after you attach each section.

DO NOT REMOVE THE BACKING FROM THE BOTTOM PART OF THE PROJECT!!!
 5.  You now have a nice wall of tape backing which is GREAT as you are now going to cover the surface with Crystal Glitter!  Shake off the excess onto a scrap paper and put back into the container.
 6.  Remove the tape from the sides and roll in the Faux Snow.  I made a pile of "fluffy" snow in which to roll the foam!
7.  Place all the snow etc. back in the container.
8.  Select the Dew Drops you want to use.  I picked Silver round in large and small and the white drop shapes.
 9.  I placed a small amount of adhesive where I wanted to place a Dew Drop.  I then added a little extra adhesive on the tips of some snowflakes!
 10. Once it is all dry it makes this fun little decoration.  I plan on making several to do a grouping for the upcoming Christmas Season.   
 Just some different angles.  I love how it looks all fuzzy on the edges so it looks like snow!
 
 

 Oh yes, at the moment it is below my Robin's Nest Clock!


 Hope you all enjoyed this fun little project.  I will let you see what I do with the total grouping!  To see all the other Designers Playing click the link at the top left corner of my blog!



Happy Creating
Like me on FB at Kristi Parker Designs!
 
 
Pin It

26 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kristi, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glittered circle technique, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely - love the colors and all the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love your tutorial too... And the clock too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so soooo cute! LOVE it that it is a wall hanging! and lots and lots of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful... thank you very much for the tutorial..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and amazing technique.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun are these, didn't surprise me it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! Love the snow theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ornament snowflake is super the added gems is perfect. the I love the colors and the details are super. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristi, I love this wall decoration.That snow looks real!!. The silver and white dew drops are a great choice for the project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for such nice comments! What a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wall decorations are a great way to use your scrapbooking supplies!! Thanks for the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very pretty. Is it a standing decoration oor does it have some type of hanger?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful ornament with the glitter and dew drops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty wall hanging Kristi! I love the adhesive tape technique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you added the glitter, beautiful ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! Your description has my head swimming with ideas. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the use of adhesive to apply glitter!!! Beautiful wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool using of the Robin's Nest paper and dew drops)) and of course the Smooth form

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?