About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Maple Leaves With Dreamweaver & Art Glitter

Pin It
Ready to be sparkly? This month is our annual collaboration between Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter, and we promise double the glitter and double the fun! Follow the trail of bling all of this month on the Art Glitter blog, and the Dream It Up! blog. Play along with the monthly challenge of "Awesome in Autumn" and link your creations to the linkytool on the Dream It Up! Thursday posts for a chance to win some stupendous stencils and glamorous glitter! As if that wasn't cool enough, Art Glitter is offering a 20% discount this month if you use the code DW20!

Here's what I've created for today's post:

Check out this week's awesomeness which includes our super sparkly guest designer and previous Dream Team member...

Kristi Parker (you are here)

I am so honored to be the guest artist for Dreamweaver Stencils for the month of September!  I will be posting every Thursday this month in conjunction with the cross promotion between the two companies! What a GREAT teaming up of products. (Use the code DW20 on the Art Glitter web site to receive 20% off your orders of $25 or more!)
 
The card I am sharing today is one that was just recently published in CardMaker Magazine. 
Adding color with glitter and using stencils is a lot of fun and you have so many options.

I started with the Maple Leaf Stencil.  It is so lovely and you can do so much with this stencil.  I used transparent paste and while the paste was still wet I added TWIG glitter to the branch and CRYSTAL glitter to the leaves.  Once the paste was 100% dry I burnished the glitter a bit then used alcohol markers to color over the top of the glitter to make then fall leaves.  There are many markers to choose from so just play with the ones you like! 

A closer look at the card!
Notice the accent by Graphic 45
Love the way the Art Glitter shines through.
Just another angel!
The sentiment on the inside.
Straight on view.

Hope you enjoyed the card and make sure and visit the Art Glitter blog all month and Dreamweaver for more wonderful creations by the talented design teams!  Happy Creating...Kristi.
 

 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. So lovely Kristi! Thanks for suggesting this cross-promotion with ART GLITTER....as you know I love their glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kristi! Love the colors! Congrats on being published once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA! I have a card that I am planning for later in the month that is going to be VERY similar to this card! I love this. Of course, Kristi. I always love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kristi! Going over the glitter with alcohol markers is a clever coloring tip. Congrats on being published in CardMaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! That stencil is on my wish list! Congratulations on being published in my favorite magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Kristi, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?