About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Etchall Fun

Pin It
For the Designer Challenge we got to play with some fun products. ETCHALL IS SO FUN!  I had NEVER done glass etching so was excited to get to try something new!  This product is very easy to use and have a very small learning curve.  I will try to do some more things and share them at a later time.

So this is how it works...
You either make or use a stencil. (vinyl is good)
Spread on the Etchall and scrape off with the squeegee.
Let cure for 15 or more minutes.
Rinse with water and remove stencil.
Let Dry.

My first attempt was a learning time! LOL   I got the vase done sort of but then ended up "frosting" the entire surface...


 I used a brush to dab on.  I left it on too thick but it still worked well.  My problem was by leaving it on thick, when I rinsed the product got on the glass.  So this side of the vase ended up "frosted".


It did give a cool effect as you can still sort of read the words etched in.  But lets move on.

 It is difficult to see but you can make out the word DREAM and also the Greek Key design on the sides.
 
So next I had a little candy keeper so wanted to do a simple design on the top and create my own designs on the sides.  I used Spellbinders Lock and Key.

 LOVE the squeegee!

 The yellow is a film you can cut and design with using dies or electric cutting machine.

I had much better results with this project.

 Love the crisp lines and how well the Etchall worked.  So pretty!
 Finally, I tried this on a ready made candle.  I think this will work better next time I try as I did not clean the surface well so I am pretty sure there was some was build up.






 You can still read it and see it. It is very subtle.


 So this is my first attempt with this product and I had one major success on the candy dish. (Yes, those are raspberry M&Ms!  Dark Chocolate to make it even better.  This would be wonderful to personalize Christmas gifts or make wedding toasting glasses and MORE!

Keep Creating!
Kristi





3 comments:

  1. Very Cute projects, love the little candy box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute projects, Kristi! I especially love the idea of etching the readymade candle jar. Hmmm.... I think I might have a bagful of little candle jars just itchin' to be etched! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your projects, but I think the candy keeper is my favorite! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?