About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Monday, February 4, 2013

Handmade With Love - Designer Craft Blog Hop

Pin It

I am so excited to be part of this wonderful group.  I am so pleased to participate in this monthly hop and can't wait to get started so here we go! 

The theme we were presented with was Handmade with Love.  Well, let me tell you, if I make you something it is with love.  I don't do as well at making things for people as I should.  What I am showing you today is a pretty little box made with beautiful paper from Graphic 45, glitter from Art Glitter and some accents by Connie Crystal.  I may even throw in some findings just for fun.

I start with some chipboard and cut my pieces.  I then lay the them on the paper that has been very well taped down with double sided tape.
You see how I miter the corners to they lay flat and smooth...  Of course this box will need to be lined so I just cut a piece of paper a bit smaller for the inside of the box.  NOTE: ALWAYS SCORE YOUR PAPER SO IT DOES NOT BREAK/TEAR!
 
I then do some origami boxes and make "drawers" for the box inside.  The lid I make slightly larger and decorate with ribbon and add the glitter and crystals! I love "A Ladies Diary" from G45!  OK, I LOVE all papers by G45!  I opted out of a finding for a chipboard piece from G45!
 
 

 
Sorry for the table top shots, but as usual, I was working on a deadline and then this fab box will be given to a special friend for Valentine's Day!  I love my Girlfriends and am so thankful to have them when I go through rough times.  I think I will fill the "drawers" with candy and remove all the calories!  Now THAT is love!

Happy Creating and see you next month!  I hope you will come back now and then to check out other projects!  If you happen to go to Facebook drop by and say hi! Don't forget to keep hopping to the next designer!

Kristi

6 comments:

How has this inspired you?