About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fresh Start? New Design Team Call!

Pin It
Yes, it's true. Dreamweaver is looking for a few good...artists! Our call is going public this week, and the info can be found at the top of Pam Hornschu's blog under the page link, "Dream Team Call 2013". Just click on it for the page with all the info. If you have any questions, email her at phornschu@yahoo.com, or leave me a message in the comment section with your email addy on DREAM IT UP!

A fresh start for me this February is working on more submissions to publications.  I was playing with my Art Glitter and first I thought I would do the double glitter with my stencil.  But then I had this pretty piece of lace ad had to do a double glitter lace technique with #508 Silver Moon Microfine Opaque   and 80 Galaxy Ultrafine Opaque Glitter. 

I  then trimmed it out and placed it on the card front then added the fun Mica Flakes from USArtQuest in Lapis.  I used Designer Dries Clear Glue for applying the flakes and double sided tape for the double glitter technique. I then added the stencil to the card front using the Pearlescent Embossing Paste and NEWER LG 743 Stylized dahlia
LG 743 Stylized dahlia


So this is how it went....
lay lace on double stick tape and press down firmly

Sprinkle with first color of glitter

Shake of Excess

Remove Lace

One color of glitter only

Second color added

oooooooooo aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Add the Mica

This is with the stencil added!


Hope you enjoyed.  Happy Creating
Kristi
 
 



 

10 comments:

  1. Love it in all its glittery splendor. This is definitely an ooooooohhhhhhh aaaaaaawwwwwww card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the lace technique and the dahlia is one of my favorite stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous, Kristi! I NEED that Silver Moon glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your description: oooooooooo aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's just too cool!! what a great idea - can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the technique and truly a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique and truly a beauty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?