About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dreamweaver Thursday

Pin ItI hope you all have been to DREAM IT UP to see how you can win prizes from Dreamweaver Stencils!  I love these stencils so much.  My term will soon be over on this team but I will continue to use these GREAT products.  They will be issuing a design call if you think you would like to become a designer for this fun and wonderful company!

So a fresh start is perfect for this month. 

I just can't seem to focus on a theme.  It is cold here in Missouri and while I have some friends who want snow and winter I am OK with warmer weather!  I don't like the chill in the air and wind chilling me to the bone! 

So I am BACK to spring! New beginnings is sort of a fresh start and Spring is perfect for that!  So I I am sharing a fun card with stenciling, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - UTEE (thank you Suze!), ink and of course Dreamweaver Stencils (where to buy)!


LG 709 Serendipity flowerLG 670 EggLM 293 Spring These are the stencils used on this Card!  I started with the egg and dry embossed it on the white card stock.  I then cut out the image as close to the edge as possible.  Next I went in with my Splendor Ink!

I heat set this then I used clear ink over the entire image and used UTEE and heated it.  I wanted a thicker coat so applied more clear ink and more UTEE and re-heated.  Makes it all shiny and pretty! Of course I LOVE to layer so I added some Metallic FX to the Translucent Paste and spread it over the stenciled image. While still wet I very lightly sprinkled with Crystal Glitter from Art Glitter.
This is Navajo Sky

I then did my layers of paper and wanted to add a little ribbon.  I went to my stash and found some self adhesive ribbon from DCWV.  I am sorry, I don't think it is available any longer, but any ribbon will do.
I cut a paper layer for the egg then added a cardstock layer with decorative scissors.  I think this is called Sunflower.  I added a little clear ink to the purple layer and brushed more Navajo Sky over it to give a shimmer.  I keep layering and it ended up on a pretty pale yellow base card.
So this is my finished card with all the bells and whistles...
 
Sorry that I didn't get  GREAT coverage on the word spring but it was too involved to try and redo and IF I make more I will make sure it is not 11:30pm when I start a project!
 
Please check your local crafting/creative store for all the products listed.  If you can't find them there go HERE to buy all these GREAT products!
 
Check back on the 4th for a NEW monthly hop I am involved in.  All you have to do is Click the Next or Back arrow on the Designer Craft Blog Connection in the upper left hand corner of my page!
 
Happy Creating!
Kristi
 
 

 

13 comments:

  1. So many steps, but oh so pretty. Love how you combined all the spring-related themes - Easter egg, flowers, pastels - in this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking you did pretty good for a late night of it! Beautiful card Kristi...and I am definitely going to use some of these Springy colors with that Serendipity Stencil. I am demonstrating that in the UK for a TV show next month so need several samples and I would love to use your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it! I could send you this one if you like but my g is missing!

      Delete
  3. Very spring-like, Kristi! I just love that Serendipity flower. So unique...just like you! I was looking at your photo at the end of your post. Can't help but smile. That pic captured the essence of Kristi...mischievous smile and beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks miss pam...and the picture does speak 1,000 words...bwa ha ha thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  4. Very clever idea Kristi! I really like the combo of stencils you used. As for the "g", I would take a blue Copic and draw the rest of it in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was entirely right.
    This publish actually made my day. You cann't imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

    my weblog :: Nike Free Run

    ReplyDelete
  6. I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a user
    of internet therefore from now I am using net for articles or reviews,
    thanks to web.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; Sac Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Bless you!

    Also visit my site; Make rap beats

    ReplyDelete
  8. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any
    problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has
    a lot of exclusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being stolen? I'd
    really appreciate it.

    Have a look at my web site ... Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say
    that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I'll
    be subscribing on your rss feed and I'm hoping you write again very soon!

    Feel free to visit my website :: Michael Kors Outlet ()

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?