About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful


I know that we are supposed to be doing CAS Christmas, but I really hate to just skip over Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I have a great family, wonderful jobs and I LOVE what I do.  I get to do a lot of fun and creative things whether it be at my day job at Christopher & Banks, at home designing or working on a project in the woodworking shop!  It has been a year of ups and downs but in the end,God is good and I am thankful. 
 
So today, I offer a CAS (clean and simple) Thanksgiving Card.  I starts with using several colors of embossing paste (yellow/orange matte and bronze glossy)  And me being me...have to add the accent of Art Glitter!  When you mix the paste it is called "sludge". 


I apply the paste to the stencil using the paste technique. I am going to show you the step outs of paste. I will be using a different then than the final card, just so you can see the process.
 Tape top of stencil
 Tape bottom of stencil
 Tape side of stencil
 Tape other side of stencil
 Apply paste with palette knife or spreader.

 Remove tape in opposite order leaving the top piece of tape in place.
 Use that piece of tape as a hinge.
 
This is the process used on my Give Thanks (LJ832) Stencil but I used the mix of paste colors.
I applied Crystal glitter o the words while paste was wet.  I then carefully added Twig glitter to the cornucopia being careful to not get glitter on the fruits and veggies coming out of the cornucopia. Then you let it dry and layer to finish.
 
Finishing touches come in Krylon Pen edging and a bit of velvet ribbon!  Hope you enjoyed this card and more over, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kristi
 

3 comments:

How has this inspired you?