About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Prince Of Peace

Pin It For the month of November our fearless leader Pam has challenged us to do "The Holidays CAS (clean and simple). If you are interested in playing along and winning a stencil of your choice (or our large paste spreader) and a jar of embossing paste (your choice) click HERE to discover the details.

I started by using embossing paste and the wonderful word stencil. (LX 7004 Prince of Peace)  After I spread the paste and while it was still wet, I covered this layer with silver glitter from Art Glitter.

Next, on a scrap piece of paper, I used crackle paste and embossed the nativity. (LL 3019 Joseph / Mary)  Once the crackle was dry I used my fingers to apply some various inks.  To be honest, I don't recall what ink I used to distress the crackle.  I then cut out the various piece and set aside.

I mounted the background on cardstock and attached ribbon to the card front.  I used raised adhesive dots to attach the cut out people.
And here is my finished card...
I hope you all liked this card.  I think the colors and the style were just fun.  Hope everyone is remembering  the "Reason for the Season"

check out the other Dream Team posts!
Merry Christmas...
Kristi 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kristi! It's a perfect balance between glitter and crackle. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Kristi, I really like the silver glitter on the black paste and the crackle on the figures was a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristi bug! Well, you outdid yourself on this one....we'll call it EAS for Extravagant and Stunning...YEAH...that's it a whole new acronym for your style! Thank you for posting during the busiest time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Love the 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really incredible! What a great combination of stencils and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lynell EAS! A wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Lynell EAS! A wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?