About Me

My Photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Festively Distressed with Ranger & Dreamweaver

Pin It


We've now had four weeks of festively distressed fun playing with the Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Powders along with our wonderful line of Dreamweaver Stencils and products. Huge thanks to Tim Holtz and the fab people at Ranger for sharing these four collaborative weeks with us, and providing the yummy shades of Distress Powders for us to create with. We've been inspired by the process, and we hope you have, too!

If you haven't won one of the prize packages yet, you still have one more opportunity this week as the set below is up for grabs to a random commenter on one of the Dream Team blogs.



If you've been following along each week, you've seen some gorgeous creations with these stencils and powders, so you should be all fired up to get distressed! If you've missed the first three weeks, check them out once you've made the rounds today:


 

This is the last post for this cross promotion with Ranger Ink. As you can see, I have already soaped the stencil and placed it on the double stick tape. The key is making sure you have the stencil soaped well. Love the nativity stencil! (LL3019)

I did leafing again on this project, but I only used Gold! The background is Fired Brick Distress Embossing Powder. On the large word background (LX7004) I used the Fired Brink and some Dusty Concord. I used Soot Black and Weathered Wood on the background!
I just love the look it all gives to heat the powder!


And this is the finished card! Hope you all have enjoyed this cross promotion! I know I have!



Don't forget to leave me some love before hopping to the rest of the Dream Team blogs:


Kristi Van Doren (you are here)
Please remember to continue to follow the team through the Dream It Up! blog as we bravely go where no stenciler has gone before, to like us on our Facebook page, and to learn from our fabulous weekly Thursday Tutorials on Paper Craft Planet as well.
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Gold leafing is a nice contrast to the embossing powders, and lends a touch of elegance to this great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is striking! and I am sure that it is even more stunning in person! Great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is BEAUTIFUL and so creative!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice framing of the nativity with great contrast over the scripture design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! The image almost glows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, those are wonderful stencils, cool with the gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the gold leafing!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... this is amazing... love the gold leafing for this image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! I really like that stencil!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?