About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Festively Distressed with Ranger & Dreamweaver

Pin It


Still feeling festive? We hope so! Dreamweaver and Ranger still have two weeks left of our Festively Distressed collaboration, and we are full of distressing ideas...Tim Holtz' Distress Powder ideas, that is. Mixed with our fabulous line of stencil designs and exciting products, your creativity will know no bounds! If you missed the first two weeks, start HERE and HERE!

For our postings this week and next, we are offering you the opportunity to win one of two prize packages, perfectly coordinated for your holiday crafting. Simply leave a comment on each of our Dream Team's posts, and YOU could be one of two randomly selected winners!


The Dream Team have been challenged for the month of November to create something CAS (clean and simple) for the holidays. The extra challenge is mixing the Distress Powders in for the collaboration with Ranger. Think that it's possible? Well...let's see...

Here's what I came up with since you liked the step outs from my first week I tried this again!  So here it goes!
Step 1: Pick your Stencils and Distress Powders.  (LJ 819 Snowflakes & LL 511 NOEL snowflake)
Black Soot, Dusty Concord & Weathered Wood
Step 2: Lay down double stick tape and peel off the back.
Step 3: Soap the back of the stencil.
Step 4: Place stencil on tape soap side down and press to make it firm on the tape.
Step 5: Cover with clear glitter.
Step 6: Remove paper from stencil.  Hint..Lay the stencil flat and pull the paper away carefully so you don't bend your stencil.
Step 7: Pour on Dusty Concord.
Step 8: Add Weathered Wood (pour off the mixed colors in a baggie to use on other projects.)
Step 9: Heat with heat tool.
Step 10: Soap NOEL and put on sticky tape.
Step 11: Add some Silver Leafing.


Step 12: Rub in more Dusty Concord and tap of excess.
Step 13: Peel paper off stencil.
Step 14: Shake on Black Soot Embossing Powder.
Step 15:  Heat set.
Step 16: Stamp background with stamp of your choice.  (I am packing and had to use a stamp that was available!  I love this stamp and it seems to go with the snowflakes!)
A closer look...

 The finished card!!!  I like the way this came out.  I was looking for my stamp that says "snowflakes are winter's butterfly"  But the butterfly is still pretty! LOL
 

I hope you have enjoyed my post this week.  We will see you next week with the final cards from this fun cross promotion.  Please tell me what you think in your comment below before heading over to the rest of the Dream Team posts:


The Ranger blog is offering another amazing prize opportunity, just for playing along with the Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Powders and Dreamweaver Stencils and linking your creation on the Ranger blog. You can find more details HERE.

We hope that you have been inspired by our creations, and will continue to follow the Dream Team through the Dream It Up! blog as well as to like us on our Facebook page. We really encourage you to play along with our monthly challenges for more prize opportunities and creative fun!

Dream ON! 
Kristi


 

 

15 comments:

  1. Wow! This certainly is beautiful. Thanks so much for the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always looking for non-traditional Christmas color ideas and this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool look with the mix of texture! Love the leafing mixed in with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kristi! The snowflakes and Noel are fabulous,love the combination of powders used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, the snowflakes seem to jump out at you. Love the butterfly, you can never have too many butterflies for me. Thanks for sharing, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi...this is gorgeous! I never would have thought that would look so periwinkle, but it really looks icy cold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow gorgeous! love the idea of using embossing powder with stencils.

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful and I just love that you gave such detailed instructions/photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card....and a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW!! I bet this card is just STUNNING in real life!! I LOVE the colors that you used and the FUN Stencil Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun Kristi!I really like mixing the glitter and embossing powder on one sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this looks amazing. I've never used soap for stamping

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your step by step pics! Thanks for sharing the technique with us! The snowflake stencil is one of my favorites and on my wishlist!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?