About Me

My Photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SPOOKY with Happy Haunting from Graphic 45 and Connie Crystal


 
 
Keep scrolling down for my SPOOKY post from Queen Kat...But first an AUTUMN/HALLOWEEN project from Dreamweaver Stencils!
 
We are calling our challenge for the month of October...Festively Fall! Dreamweaver has lots of stencils and materials that can be used for a Fall theme, but remember you can post any Festively Fall creation and win best interpretation of the challenge, it can be any product or image. Again we are letting our winner choose any stencil they desire. So one winner will be chosen for best usage of Dreamweaver products and one winner will be chosen for best interpretation of the challenge. Just link up with mr linky on the Dreamweaver site or if you don't have a way of linking ...email your design to Lynell and she will link it for you at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com
 
 I will go through some of these panels in the next couple of weeks for technique...but just eye candy this week!
 
I am so excited to be sharing some projects I created using Connie Crystal products and Graphic 45 papers and chipboard! I have been a fan of Graphic 45 for a long time and the new Halloween pack is no different! Happy Haunting is now available and so are Connie Crystals. I also used images from Queen Kat Designs!   If you need to get crystals in larger numbers than you can find in stores or on line, just email or call!
 My project is a Spooky wall hanging! I started with great chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby and all the fun papers from the Happy Haunting collection. I also used some newly released stamps from Queen Kat Designs featuring the art of my good friend Lora Brier!
So let's get started by tracing the letters on to the papers for covering the letters.  Always make sure they are upside down.   




 So all the papers have been picked and traced so you are ready to cut out each letter.
 I start with a larger piece then trim the to size.
 I now have them all cut out and they are now ready to add the other fun stuff.
 I really enjoy my Advanced tape Glider from 3M!  It really is sticky tape and goes around the corners perfect every time!
 Then I used my brayer to really attach the paper to the letters.  I want to make sure they are nice and smooth with no air bubbles.  It would not hurt it to have the bubbles, but this makes it more tidy.
 Now I get to get a little messy with my Perfect Pigments from USArtQuest!  These are wonderful paints and go on smooth.  I also love the variety of colors!
 As you can see above, I have distressed the edge of the paper on the letter fronts.  Then I paint the back of each letter with a coordinating color.
 Once these steps are finished you can start with the fun decorations.  I also attached the entire word to ribbons from Offray.
"S" is where we start.  I loved the curve and thought the Raven looked GREAT perched.
 The hat is a button that I then glittered using Art Glitter!  I love all the products from Art Glitter but you just can't beat the ultra fine for all your glitter needs!
 The "P" got a monster make over with Frank!  I also added a little ghost that also go glittered.  I then added the crystals all the way around.  I used the Designer Dries Clear (DDCA) glue from Art Institute.
 The first "O" I covered and used the ca stamp image.  I added more buttons and things! I love the way the crystals hang in the center.

  I love the chipboard little pieces of art that each of Graphic45 lines have that match.

And then the cat image.  And then we had to add the bling! I used what I had on had, which is usually DDCA! This is such a pretty Kitty!
 
 The 2nd "O" got some more distressing and I love the edges!  I love the fun buttons for accents! I also applied DDCA and glittered the back of the crystal with Hot Lava Ultra Fine Opaque Glitter!

 More fun art images by Lora Brier.  Love the kitty and pumpkin!
 It is so fun to add the extra sparkle Love these Crystal beads!
I love the "K" as I used the fun witch stamp and of course more crystals!  Look at that COOL paper! 
I
 And a little bit of a closer look.  Yes, I added a small green crystal wart to her nose! How fun is that?

 Of course I had to add more bling to the "K".
 And we finally come to the final letter in the fun and you can see more buttons, stamps and of course ORANGE CRYSTALS!
 Isn't this the cutest little spider?  I love it.  It has not been released just yet but you get a sneak peek!

 The Raven and Kitty Cat are so fun.  I also love the spider eyes!
And the final result for my living room decoration.   
I hope you all have enjoy my "spooky" project that is too cute to scare anyone this Halloween!
Happy Creating and Sparkle ON!
 
 October 4: Spooky!
QKD Blog
Pat
Beth
Vikki
Janie
Castle Playground
Emily
QKD STORE



8 comments:

  1. Wow Kristi...this is wonderful! I can't believe all the detail! You are a creative Halloween machine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you absolutely knocked this project out of the ballpark! I love every part of it, and can't wait to try something like this for myself. What a great use of papers and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You rocked this day! Your creative artwork is amazing. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project i love it well done Kristi

    Hugs'

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent projects! We must be having one of those "great minds think alike" moments, because I have some of those letters currently drying from getting covered and painted a bit. I'm going the shorter - and quicker ;) - "Boo" route

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Kristi! I just love Halloween and may just have to steal these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your giant letters are so fun! Great contrast of Halloween and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?