About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Challenge for Septemeber

Welcome to the first Dreamweaver post of September!  This month long challenge is INK!  there will be two prizes, on for the best of the challenge and one for the best use of stencils.  Also, this month the winners get to pick the the stencil of their choice and there are soooo many great stencils to get.  So here is my card for the day.
This is a quilt panel I did for the Design Team quilt made for Lynell, our fearless leader.  I showed the entire quilt before but wanted to go over this block.  I used Paste and glitter on the flourish in the corner then the real fun began!  I used the Large Butterfly LJ916 and I used the fabulous Shiva Paint Sticks.  The colors are so amazing!  The are applied with the nice stiff stencil brushes also available at Stencil With Style.  I did heat set this with an iron on the back of the fabric before it was sewn into the quilt.  All the designers did such a GREAT job on this fun challenge/surprise for Lynell.  What is great, you can apply this same technique to paper arts!



Pin It
Happy Creating!
Kristi

6 comments:

  1. THis really is beautiful Kristi. I love this quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have guessed Paintstiks...amazing color you have achieved with those! Gorgeous Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, quilt block! I tend to think in cards only....

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?