About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More Inking with Stencils

Pin It

The month of September we will be "getting inky with stencils"...hmmm, imagine that, another thing that I love, using ink in conjunction with stencils. This month we will have just a bit different twist on our monthly challenge ... we are letting you choose any stencil you would like as your prize if you win. Yep, any Dreamweaver stencil you "so desire". We will still have two winners, one for best interpretation of the challenge and one for best usage of Dreamweaver products.
This is a fun card as the weather in Missouri has gotten a bit of chill.  I will miss the long warm days of summer, but I do love the fall leaves.  Here is how I created this fun autumn card  for use on any occasion.
  1. On black card stock using Gold Embossing Paste and the Maple Leaf stencil LJ906 I spread on the paste.  Set aside to dry.
  2. Cut base card from orange card stock.  I use Worldwin Papers!  This is a little larger than the standard card.  4 1/2 X 6.
  3. Next I cut an ivory piece of card stock 4 1/4 X 5 3/4 and attached it to the base card.
  4. After the paste was dry I used the Color Solutions and an applicator to apply rich fall colors to the leaves only.  I wanted the branches to remain gold.
  5. I edged the black card with a Gold Leafing Pen then attached the entire black piece to the card.
As always, please check your local paper crafting store for your supplies.  If you can't find them in your area then order from Stencil With Style!


Happy Fall Y'all!
Kristi

3 comments:

  1. The leaves are great, at first look I thought they were foil! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fall card with great warm colors!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?