About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting Inky With Dreamweaver

Pin It
The month of September we will be "getting inky with stencils"...hmmm, imagine that, another thing that I love, using ink in conjunction with stencils. This month we will have just a bit different twist on our monthly challenge ... we are letting you choose any stencil you would like as your prize if you win. Yep, any Dreamweaver stencil you "so desire". We will still have two winners, one for best interpretation of the challenge and one for best usage of Dreamweaver products.
I am using some of the wonderful Color Solution Inks!  Thank you AGAIN Wendy Jordan for having such a lovely photo of the inks so I can post them!  These alcohol inks are artist grade and have a bit slower dry time so very workable.  Also the pigment is very rich!
Today I am using the ink in the background rather than on the actual stencil image.  I used all the pretty Autumn colors on glossy white paper with a felt applicator to get the beautiful background!  I then used Black Glossy paste to "emboss" my favorite tree!   I then used a fun corner punch from
EK Success and the added layers to create this fun Autumnal Card!
 
I hope you like my card for the day.
Another take on this tree LG 650.   This card is on the Stencil with Style website.  If you can't get your stencil products from your local store, please order from this site!  They have had my card on display for a lot of years and it is still one of my all time favorites!
I did this card and mailed it when I still owned my paper crafting store!  I was so honored they used it on their Guest Gallery and it is still there on page 6!!!  The information is right except for I once again used Shiva Paint Stiks! 
 
Don't forget to see all the great cards done by the Dream Team this week starting with Dreamweaver's Blog Dream It Up!
 
Happy Dreaming!
Kristi
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Kristi....love your projects!!! They both are beautiful!!! Just like you!! I hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are incredible but I love the richness and contrast of the first one the best. I just might be copying this card in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Color Solutions card! Love the other one too, but the black glossy against those beautiful fall colors is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first card is my favorite, too, as it reminds me of the Lone Cypress at Pebble Beach at sunset. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are both 'striking' creations Kristi! Love how you did them.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?