About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Art Glitter and Dreamweaver Stencils, a GREAT combination!



AND
ARE TEAMING UP THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE TO BRING YOU AN AMAZING CREATIVE COLLABORATION MIXING DREAMWEAVER STENCILS AND ART GLITTER. COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE...WE PROMISE IT WILL BE A SPARKLING ONE!

Visit the Art Glitter blog and the Dream It Up! blog for fabulous inspiration from both talented design teams. We are encouraging all of you to play along with the challenge of creating with Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter*, preferably using the Double-Glitter Technique. Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com, for an opportunity to win one of four fabulous glitter and stencil prize packages. One winner will be chosen each week. (US and Canada only, please).

 
For more inspiration from the Art Glitter design team, please visit their blog for a complete list of players throughout the month.
*For the month of June Art Glitter is selling 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 (regular price $7.32)! Get the details HERE!

Well I have made a double glitter.....wait for it.........PEAR!!!!!!!  Let me share a little of the process.  I hope you will watch the video highlighted above to learn this fun and easy way to use stencils and glitter!
I added a little extra pop of color with my Tsukineko Splendor Pad.  I stenciled right over the glitter!

Stamping a background!


Stamping the base card with a coordinating stamp for Stampers Anonymous

Add some ribbon and Suede Paper from USArtQuest


I used transparent ultrafine transparent glitter and some pearlescent glitter

All Done!

Thanks so much for checking this out and see all the rest of the Dreamweaver team posts!  They are all listed to the side of this post!  Make sure and check out the Art Glitter blog all month as they will be posting on different days all month!  Don't forget to play along for a chance to win cool prizes!

Kristi


9 comments:

  1. A pear how unusuaL for you Kristi, LOL. I really love this card the glittering is beautiful the colors are so soft and blend so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pear??? Imagine that...however I have never seen you do one like this before! Very yummy glitter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a glittered pear before, but you certainly pulled it off! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out fabulous! Love the colors on the peAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely PEARfect! Love the layers and your glitter choices on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most Excellent! One beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is gorgeous, and your Tutorial is perfect (yes, not pearfect, tee hee) for those who haven't tried stenciling on the glitter, Totally Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kristi and the pear! This is really beautiful, and I love that you made the background. Oddly, I had just been thinking about using the painting technique on glitter with the pear! Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I really like how you shaded the pear...

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?