About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dreamweaver Thursday - February Challenge GO GREEN

We're changing things up a bit for this year, and YOU can help. The first Thursday of every month will feature our new challenge and will extend through the entire month. This means that YOU have ALL month to play along with the one challenge, as many times as you want. Sometimes it will be a color challenge, sometimes a theme, and sometimes a technique. We are hoping that an entire month will give you plenty of time to be inspired, create, and link to the Dream It Up! blog . Each month we are offering TWO prizes...one for the most creative version of the challenge (does not have to be Dreamweaver Stencils ' product, but we sure are happy when it is!), and the second for the best use of Dreamweaver Stencils ' product in the challenge. This could be stencils (of course), Embossing Pastes , Metallic F/X , the new Color Solutions , etc., anything you find on the Dreamweaver Stencils' web site , or in your local store. Don't know where your local store is? The list can be found on the web site . Not near any of the stores listed? There is also an online site to purchase from, Stencil with Style !  This is the second post for the month of February!  GO GREEN!!!

These are the lovely stencils up for grabs this month!  Good luck!


This was done using the grid stencil, the rolling hills stencil and the spring stencil.  First I used pigment ink and a stencil brush to apply color to the stencil.  I then used sticky powder from stampee foils and heat set.  I then used the heat lamenator to  apply the stampee foil.  Next I traced the grid stencil.  I carfully colored in the lines with a permanent marker.  I finally placed the spring stencil over the top and used green glossy paste to show off the image! I edged the image with gold pen and then layered on dark green paper and edged that and finally layered on a light green card stock.  At the last moment I used a fun charm to add that special touch!

Products Used:
Splendor Ink Pad by Tsukineko
Sharpie black marker
Pale gold Krylon Pen
Card stock from WorldWin papers
Charm by Dove of the East
Stencils used: LJ811 Grid, LJ910 Rolling Hills, LM288 Spring
Stampee Foil Products

Happy Creating,
Kristi




13 comments:

  1. Love this card, Kristi. And the Stampee foil gives it a nice, light touch. Makes me wish Spring were here now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foil is wonderful on this hilly background card. I agree with Liz...but what am I saying we are already in the throes of Spring here and will probably pay for it this Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a little chilly in MO but still not super cold. I am afraid the rest of Feb/March will be icky

      Delete
  3. "The hills are alive...with the" shimmer of foil! Hee hee. Love your window on the hills and, of course, the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool! The foil photographed nicely, sometimes it's hard to see it. Great job adding the black lines, I really like how that looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of the light of inspiration shining through the window. Very beautiful, my inspirational friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The foil looks great. I love the layering of the stencil images. Makes me long for California and all the green (since it is all WHITE HERE!!!) Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent layering and building of color. Now, I wish it were spring. I am so ready for flowers in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Kristi!! I am hoping for Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous combo of greens! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?