I love this card! First, I love the cross design. Second, I used supplies from all three companies for whom I now design. Third, I think of the great sacrifice that was made for me and for you as well! So let me tell you how this card was created.
1. I cut Black Suede paper from US Artquest to size. (The same size as the stencil.)
2. I used White Glossy Paste to emboss the Cross stencil. (Set aside to dry.)
3. Once dry I used Color Solutions alcohol ink fro Dreamweaver to color the cross. I used the applicator from Ranger with the felt pad. I used 3 different greens to get the pretty color blend. (Thank you again Wendy Jordan for the cool photo!)
4. I then layered the design on card stock from WorldWin with the base card being made from card stock from The Robin's Nest.
5. The final touch was to add the rose with a little glitter added to the center of the cross.
Thanks for joining me for the first post of the new challenge and here is how you can play along for a chance at blog candy!
The first Thursday of every month will feature our new challenge and will extend through the entire month. This means that YOU have ALL month to play along with the one challenge, as many times as you want. Sometimes it will be a color challenge, sometimes a theme, and sometimes a technique. We are hoping that an entire month will give you plenty of time to be inspired, create, and link to the Dream It Up! blog . Each month we are offering TWO prizes...one for the most creative version of the challenge (does not have to be Dreamweaver Stencils ' product, but we sure are happy when it is!), and the second for the best use of Dreamweaver Stencils ' product in the challenge. This could be stencils (of course), Embossing Pastes , Metallic F/X , the new Color Solutions , etc., anything you find on the Dreamweaver Stencils' web site , or in your local store. Don't know where your local store is? The list can be found on the web site . Not near any of the stores listed? There is also an online site to purchase from, Stencil with Style !
Need more inspiration? Please visit the rest of our fabulous team listed here:
Laura Drahozal Louise Healy Wendy Jordan Terrece SiddowayKristi Van DorenGeorgia SommersLee KelloggLiz MartinCyndi BundyCherylynn MoserJessie Hurley