About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Robbin's Nest Accordion Fold Photo Book

Hello and welcome to my first post for Chattering Robins blog! I am Kristi Parker Van Doren and this is my first post for The Robin's Nest. I am very excited to be part of this team. So let's get started.
First, let me say I got a great big bag of goodies with which to design.


















So I had a great batch of paper, Rub-ons, stickers, net, dew drops and tear drops. I decided I was going to do an accordion fold box/book.
Start by picking the papers to cover the accordion part of the project. The edges were covered with ink. The color does not matter too much at this point as a good part will be covered with paper and other ink. Cut the papers to fit on the tags. For interest various pieces of card stock were applied to the folds of each section.

At this point some texture was added in various areas using crackle paint. Two different colors were used to add some depth. At this point all the areas were sanded and distressed then ink applied.
Now the fun begins! I did a light wash of white on the entire box. It looks very antiqued just after the paint. Then various papers were applied to the box top. The paper is torn to give rough edges and then the metal corners were now added.
After this point I didn't take step by step photos. The lid was completed using The Flourish Stencil by Dreamweaver. Where all of the swirls of the stencil were a Dew Drop was added in various colors. Since the the flourish was done using embossing paste the Dew Drops were easy to apply. Some glitter was also used. The lid was finished by adding a piece of ribbon and 3 flowers.
Now let's look at the accordion fold mini album. We have it all covered in the papers. The cover was a great place to start. Using the rub-ons the clock face was added. Part of the clock was cut apart and then popped up. The clock hands were accented with the diamond shape Dew Drops. Double sided tape was applied to the top of the front tag and net added. Then glitter was applied to the still exposed tape. More rub-ons and stickers were applied and finally the flower added.
Then it was time to pick photos. Since the theme was "Time Flies" Photos of my boys at different stages were used. Ribbon from the box cover was used through out the album with rub-ons, stickers, flowers and Dew Drops being added as accents.

So this is my project! I hope you all enjoyed and I will see you again in a couple of weeks! Make sure and check out all the design team members personal blogs and look on here for their turn at posting!
Happy Creating...Kristi

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love the white wash of the papers.... it's a great idea and I'm eager to try it! It's great when you can read a post and leave with an idea! Thank you! and see you in a few weeks at CHA!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?