About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Friday, January 6, 2012

First Post for US Artquest!

Well first I want to say a huge thank you  to US Artquest for choosing me to be part of this GREAT design team.  I already owe Joe Rotella big time for pointing out that my post was due Saturday. Due to some illness in the last week, I had my company posts backwards!! UGH.  So check back Monday for a post from The Robin's Nest!!!  So this is what I did since figuring out my backwards day.

Step 1: Check your US Artquest Supplies on Hand
Step 2: Take a DEEP BREATH....You know you can do this
Step 3:  DING DING DING...I need a notebook to take to CHA so why not make a cool one!
This is a piece of sticky back canvas and a regular composition book.

Step 4:  Collage/Paint/Stamp Canvas.  I used the Perfect Pigments Paint (PPP) and A Palette of Stargazers Paints.  This is the first time using the PPP and I must say I LOVE the rich color and easy way they work.  On the canvas I wanted the color less dense as I was going to use the stamped image over and then add other design elements.
Step 5: I used the PPP in burnt Umber to stamp the image.  I then hit the highlights of the pears with the Stargazer Paint.  The Startgazers have mica powder mixed into the pigment and get a nice shimmer to them.  Cut the piece down to fit the composition book and attach.

Step 6: Add Sty'lines pears as accents. I had a pear stencil from Dreamweaver and embossed with 101 artist cement.  After dry I added mica powder to the pear.  I then added some Diamond Glaze to the side of the pear and applied cool Mica Flakes!!!
Step 7:  I added word and outline accents using the Line Writer and Duo Adhesive.  After the Duo was applied I let dry then added the silver leafing.
So the finished book looks like this!


I added extra Duo around the orange colored pear for more interest.
In this last photo you can see the shimmer of the Stargazer paint.   See you in a couple of weeks on the correct day! 

Happy Creating!!!
Kristi

3 comments:

  1. Love the layers and of course, the pears! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you took something ordinary and transformed it into something with a soul!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?