About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreamweaver Thursday

Welcome to the second post of the year for Dreamweaver!  I hope some of you are playing along this month is the Valentine's Day Challenge!  Just follow the link for all the details.   

The rest of this month will be free posts for us but I am going to do another Valentine's Day card!  Hope you like it!

So many products to choose from and so little time!  These are some of the base supplies I use when working on projects for Dreamweaver! 

One thing that I love about stencils it the ability to make stand alone projects or stencil on decorative paper.  Niki Sivil's Scrapbooker has some really fun designs.  I am using the Sugar Cookie stack for these two cards today...YES  TWO CARDS!!!  The first is going to used the large corner flourish and....wait for it....GLITTER!! 



I found the paper I wanted to use and then taped the Large Flourish stencil down with removable tape.  The base card is made from great card stock from WorldWin. I then applied Translucent Embossing paste and spread evenly.  I remove all excess paste and return to jar then remove tape carefully.  I place the stencil in a container with water.  (I will come back and clean the stencil in a little bit.)  While the paste is still wet I applied Pink and Brown Glitter from Art Institute Glitter.  I then set it aside to dry.  Once dry I added the "My Valentine" and popped up images.  I then used a decorative pin I colored with Color Solutions Darkest Brown and inserted through the pop dots used.  I ran the pin all the way through the heart and the words.  I added a dot of glue to the end of the pin and added glitter.  This keeps you from injuring the one you love!


The next card is pretty simple.

I started by using paste on the Heart stencil just as I did the Flourish on the first card.  This time it is done on Pink Card Stock from Worldwin.  I also punched a border out of the same Pink and set it aside for later! 

On the decorative paper I stenciled the "Happy Valentine's Day".  Of course I added glitter again!  Now that all my pieces are dry I cut out the heart, added a little Jumbo Java ink by Tsukineko, to the edges of the papers and to the border. I then started with the base card, added the dark pink, the dark brown edged with Krylon and then the decorative paper with the now dry Valentine sentiment.  I placed the border down next the popped up the heart and added another accent heart from the paper stack. So you now have your finished card!  To see more wonderful Dreamweaver creations see us at CHA Booth #863!!

I hope you will play along with us this month for prizes from Dreamweaver!  Also, don't forget to check out the blogs of all my talented Dreamers!
Kristi Van Doren (you are here!)
Happy Creating,
Kristi

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are true Eye Candy!! Love that Nikki Silva's papers!! Great job Kristi!! Your photo of supplies used is overwhelming. You're so good at keeping it organized!!! Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! you have been a busy creationista! Love the brown and pink combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards and I am LOVING the glittered flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your supply photo scared me, then made me jealous, ha ha, I love the "fun & funky" feel of you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave is the first one! Love the pink and chocolate combo! The cute sprinkle of hearts over the card, the pin going through the open heart. Fabulous! Going to post this over on the DW FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combos, and who doesn't love sparkle on a Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the same colors can make two very different cards. The first (my favorite) really pops with the intense colors, while the second is much softer and more delicate. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi great job on both cards. Can't decide with one I like better, they are both so awesome. I love the glitter. Only 2 weeks 'til CHA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and very elegant. Both cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks all! Love using cool papers in my Dreamy creations!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?