About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Countdown to CHA!!! Dreamweaver Thursday

Well excitement is building as CHA is approaching!  Look for little sneak peeks and some reveals of new designs on my blog and the Dreamweaver Design Team starting Jan 21st!  My first post will be for US Artquest but have used several of the new designs!  Check back often!  So here is my first TEASER!
So stay tuned for the rest of this card Sunday the 22nd!  But for now, let's get this weeks design posted!  I am going to do one more Valentine to go along with our challenge this month.  You can still play along with a chance to win blog candy from Dreamweaver.  Make your project, link it to Dream It Up and see if you win!

This is a card that I did in response to a challenge issued by our fearless leader Lynell Harlow.  Lynell assigned each member of the Design Team a stencil to use and be creative I got the lovely Lace Doily LJ836  stencil.  I used the Double Glitter technique.    If you follow this link you will see Lynell demonstrating this GREAT technique.  Once the glitter is done I places the Heart/Key Stencil LG672 over the center and taped it down.  I then used Glossy Black Embossing Paste on the heart part of the stencil only. Set it aside to dry.  I then layered on DoubleMates card stock from Worldwin Papers.

The stencil has a key hole in it so I just used an embellishment from Advantus Corp to cover the key hole.  I then used a matching key with fibers to finish the look!  Hope you all are looking forward to a wonderful Valentine's Day!  Don't forget to play along and check out all the blogs of the DREAM TEAM!
Pam Hornschu Laura Drahozal Louise Healy Wendy Jordan Terrece SiddowayKristi Van Doren (you are here)Georgia SommersLee KelloggLiz MartinCyndi BundyCherylynn MoserJessie Hurley
Happy Creating!
Kristi

7 comments:

  1. Great card Kristi love this stencil. Only one week to go>

    ReplyDelete
  2. That valentine card is scrumptious Kristi. The key embellishment is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card! Love the Heart Lock over the doily, and your artsy ribbon and key attachment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser is a great idea! You card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Kristi, I love how the keyhole embellishment looks on the heart. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is stunning! Love the effect of the glossy intricate stencil over the dbl glitter!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?