About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chattering Robins 3D Box

Well this is my second installment as Design Team Member for The Robin's Nest. I wanted to do something other than a scrapbook or card so this is what I came up.  This project will be on display at CHA in The Robin's Nest booth #1656.  Hope you come by to check it out along with my first project! 


Let's get started.  I start with a blank box by McGuffey Woodworking.  I really like these boxes because the back comes off so you can design on a flat surface.

Next I decide which way I want to use the box.  For this project I turned it so the three small openings are in the upper right hand corner.  Then I use a pencil to trace all the grid marks.  This allows me to have a guide.  You can go a little over the lines and they are covered by the dividers!  No curling paper or pieces coming up!  Now I find all the papers I want to use and cut them to size.


Then I glue them in place.  I place the grid over the top just to make sure I have cut everything correctly.
I like how it looks so I remove the grid and start to decorate the sections.  I start with some stickers and great rub-ons.  They work really well and get a wonderful image.  Afterwards I add a touch of glitter.
Next I went to the trusty Tear Drops and made some very colorful and dimensional flowers.




I just continued to add embellishments until all panels are filled.  I will go through them so you can see what I did in each one.
<><> <><> <><>
I used a Peacock Feather stencil from Dreamweaver with Blue Glossy Paste. On the next on is a paper flower.  I added glitter on the feather and the flower.


<><> <><> <><>
Rub-ons were used for the words and the dragonflies.  I added glitter to the vines of the paper and to the dragonfly wings.  I used Diamond Glaze from Judikins to do this.  In the 3 small boxes I used Glossy accents and diamond shape Tear Drops to make the designs.  I added a round Tear Drop in the centers.


<><> <><> <><>
I loved this western theme paper and had a couple of stickers I used to give it a layered look.


<><> <><> <><>
The top portion is the flowers I made and the horses are from Dreamweaver.  I embossed them with Black Glossy Paste.  I sprinkled a little bit of glitter over the horses and added some black Dew Drops just for fun.  The black paste holds them in place. Otherwise I used Glossy Accents as my adhesive.


<><> <><> <><>
Again, I had some epoxy stickers in my stash and used them.  The leaves are some outline stickers in copper.


<><> <><> <><>
The top is a sticker and made it look attached with Dew Drops.  I did add Diamond Glaze over the sticker for dimension.  The leaf is just applied and I added some random "bling" just for fun.


<><> <><> <><>
More bling, a flower, a rub-on & Tear Drop for the grouping of three.  For the panel with the stag, I cut out the tree sticker then used the stag stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils in Copper Embossing Paste. Dreamweaver booth at CHA is #863.






And the finished box....
I hope you have enjoyed this post!  Happy Creating...
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has this inspired you?