About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas to you all on Dreamweaver Thursday!

I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful holiday season.   I am getting to spend a lot of time with family and friends and loving every moment.   Today I am going to share a fun card that is a bit different.  I am using the dove stencil and ....wait for it..... GLITTER!!! (I was supposed to use Burgunday and Gold today but missed the boat.  Hoping the rest of the DT will forgive me!)

I started with a really cool pattern paper and traced the stencil on the paper with pencil.  I then carefully applied Glossy Accents carefully around the entire image.  As I got farther away from the image I pulled the Glossy Accents out so there is not a hard line.  Sprinkle on glitter and shake of excess, set aside to dry.  I then cut the layer and edges with in and embossed the small flourish with Pearlescent Paste and let dry.  Now that the Dove is dry carefully tear paper and ink edges.  Attach Dove to card front.  Add charm.

We will be adding 3 new  members to the design team.  Welcome Jesse, Cherylynn and Cyndi!  We will have a GREAT year!

Short and sweet for a Christmas Card!  Thanks for Sharing and don't forget to check out all the other design team blogs listed to the left! 

Happy Creating...
Kristi

OK, found a previous one with the RIGHT colors! Bonus





11 comments:

  1. You know how I am always saying I am from Missouri? Because you have to "show me" everything, well I want to be in your studio someday and just "watch" you work. Wow...this is an amazing card Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Kristi. Love the layers, textures and . . . GLITTER! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...if I knew you needed burgandy and gold I would have let you post your own card, but look at my blog and see that I posted your gold and burgundy (ok maroon) partridge card...hehe! So in a way you did burgundy and gold Kristi...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi this is WOW you do the most amazing cards with all those layers and different techniques. I'm with Lynell I would just love to sit and watch you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? This is why CAS is NOT you! Very cool technique! Love how the dove center is crisp and obvious, but the outside edges are softer. It almost makes me forgive you for not following the challenge colors. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun technique, yet another one to try out! Love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kristi! I just love what you did with the glitter around that dove! I also like how you added that flourish--just the right amount of "extra" to balance out that side. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cool Kristi! Great technique. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first card! Your second card is gorgeous as well. Lynell mentioned to me that you have done several samples in the burgundy and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that one too...the bird is quite unique though, so I am still in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so funny!! They both are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?