About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Check out the link The Robin's Nest and Dreamweaver!

Click HERE to go to the Blog!
Today I am posting another frame and hoping the folks at The Robin's Nest like my style so I can use their cool papers and embellishments in some upcoming designs!  You need to follow the link to check out their cool products for yourself!

So as promised yesterday, I am sharing another frame I made using paper, stencils, glitter and MMA (Mixed Media Adhesive)!  I like the frame from yesterday for our color way challenge but these are MY colors so join me as we create a fun autmnal frame!
1. Take your wooden from your local craft store and sand it smooth.
2. Using metallic acrylic pants paint the frame.
3. Pick your paper source and choose several coordinating papers.  This is made with papers from the Autumn Paper pack by K & CO.
4. Using MMA attach papers to frame.  I traced the outline of the frame on the back of the large piece I was going to cover the bulk of the frame with, then tore other pieces to attach to the frame.  I love the layered look.  Do the same on the back of the frame.
5. After all areas are dry and secure pick your stencils.  Since this was more an autumn theme I chose LJ849 Bare Trees & LJ900 Berry Branch along with DGWP Glossy White Embossing Paste.  I pasted the trees in the lower left corner and the branch in the upper right corner.  While the paste was still wet I covered the trees with Ash glitter and the branch with Crystal/Monarch glitter from Art Institute Glitter.  Let Dry.

6. After everything is dry tie a ribbon around the frame where the tree line stops.
Now you have a lovely frame for keeping or giving as a gift!  If you like this frame you can purchase it at my Etsy store!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and a special thanks to The Robin's Nest for checking out my blog!

Happy Creating!
Kristi

2 comments:

  1. great post and lots of fun ideas. thanks for your submission to the robin nest dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, Good Luck on the tryout! We have so much in common: The Robin's Nest, Art Glitter, Etsy and I think you may be a SCAL user too! Gonna check out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?