About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Celebrate With Dreamweaver Thursday!

Today we are sharing cards to celebrate/bring in the New Year.  I was going to use a previous card and then got a burr in my britches to do a new card so I did more simple than usual but fun and with ....wait for it....GLITTER!!!!  What better way to bring in the new year than with glitter?

I started with cool card stock from Worldwin.  They have a line of Caribbean Colors and I used the Coconut (White) & Midnight Surf (Black). This is a texture paper and is just fun.  The base card is 5 X 7 then the first layer is 4 1/4 X 6 1/4. 


I used Glossy White Paste to emboss the Fireworks (LJ 886) on Coconut paper then used several different colors of glitter and let dry.  I then used the same paste and embossed the word "Celebrate" (LS89) and covered with Hot Pink Glitter and let dry.
Of course I had to add the extra bling to the fireworks and the word just because I could and what good is starting a new year without a lot of glam and glitz???  So the final finished card...

Happy New Year to All!

May 2012 be the most creative yet! Make sure and check out the NEW members of the Design Team for Dreamweaver Stencils.  Everyone is listed on my side bar to the left!   Be sure to join me on Tuesdays and Saturdays for The Robin's Nest and US Artquest Design Team Posts!  Yep, 2012 is going to be busy, fun and creative!

Kristi

10 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! This is a great, simple way to use that fireworks stencil. Sometimes, I get so set on that double glitter technique that I forget that this one might actually be a better way to use glitter in some cases! Good work. Have a great New Year, my friend. I will see you in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glitzy and glamoury! Great way to bring in the New Year with a bang! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a celebratory card. Love the bling and the excitement it creates. Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing you at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card really has spark...just like you my friend. Wishing you the best of luck in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the bright colors and all the sparkle! And I am secretly hoping one of my neighbors will release some fireworks at midnight Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of the rhinestone bling to the fireworks! Great celebrations card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi I love you card. You really know how to do the bling. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More Fireworks and lots of bling! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a Big Dreamweaver Stencil Fan.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?