About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving From Dreamweaver Stencils

Happy Thanksgiving and hoping you would all remember to be thankful for all you have.  This has been a very hard year for many.  The last almost 4 months have been hard losing 5 friends, teachers, mentors.  I am thankful for my family and my friends and all I do have.  I am thankful for Dreamweaver Stencils, as even on days when I did not feel too creative, because of my dedication to this wonderful company, i.e., Lynell Harlow, I still create any way!  Today some of us are doing a sketch challenge, others of us that missed the sketch are still posting Thanksgiving Cards!  Since I missed the sketch I am posting 3 different cards using the same stencil.  All have different techniques so here we go with card #1.
This card was so fun.  I like a larger card so all my cards today are 5" X 7".  So here is my step out process along with supplies used.

1. On suede paper (sorry folks, this is a scrap I had left from K & Co) I used DEPT Translucent Embossing Paste on the Give Thanks (LJ832).  Set aside and let dry. (5 1/4 X 4 )
2. Cut Petallics Paper 1/4" larger than the suede paper and edge with Pale Gold Krylon Pen. (5 1/2  X 4 1/4)
3. Cut DoubleMates in Creamy Cocoa 1/2" larger than Petallic Layer. (6 X 4 3/4)
4. Edge base card (5 X 7) with Pale Gold Krylon Pen.
5. Lay your CLEAN & DRY stencil back over the embossed image and stencil on Shiva Oil Paints.
6. Let dry and assemble.

Card # 2
1. Cut base card out of DoubleMates Desert Dune to 5 X 7.
2. Cut  next layer 4 1/2 X 6 1/2 using the same paper.  Punch corners with just a slit punch. (EK Success)
3. Cut the card the image will be on out of Treasures Oatmeal 4 X 6.
4. Using my PanPastels I  and stencil brush apply color to Give Thanks (LJ832).
5. Leave the stencil in place and apply Translucent Embossing Paste DEPT and let dry.http://www.panpastel.com/
6. Assemble Card and go around the edge of the top layer with Dries Clear Glue and  Elements by Art Institute. Let Dry!

#3
1. Cut base card to 5 X 7 from Light Brown Card Stock.  (Sorry, not sure of the source)
2. Cut Desert Dune DoubleMate to 6 X 4 3/4 and edge with Pale Gold Krylon.
3. Cut Petallics in Bear Grass to 5 1/2 X 4 1/4.
4. For this card I once again used Stencil LJ832 Give Thanks and I used the sludge technique from Dreamweaver.  This is where you blend several colors together to create cool blended effect. I used mostly DGP Gold Embossing Paste with some DCP Copper Embossing Paste and some DGKP Glossy Black Embossing for this GREAT look.
5. While the paste is still wet carefully apply Crystal Glitter to the words and Ash Glitter to the Cornucopia.
6. Let everything dry and attach to base card set to the left.  Add ribbon of your choice to the right side of the card.

I hope you all ave enjoyed these three cards and even more...Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.  Don't forget, you have the opportunity to apply to be part of the wonderful Dreamweaver Design Team
Check it out and visit all my Dreamweaver Friends!











11 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Kristi. The "one stencil three ways," with three techniques is a great way to showcase a stencil's versatility. Thanks, too, for the link for the elements. I may have to add some to my stash! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kristi!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all Van Doren's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi all your cards are just lovely. I love the using the same stencil in three different ways. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kristi! You over-achiever, you! These are all fabulous. Love the colors, shading, textures, and trims. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful Kristi! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all and hope you had a day full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not one but three wonderful cards! I hope your Thanksgiving was peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! It's fun and instructional to see one stencil used in such different ways. I think my favorite is the first one--love the rich colors against that beautiful suede background. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such an overachiever! I like all three cards very much. I think I like the last one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful cards, my favorite being the last using the "sludge" technique :)

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?