About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday FREE WEEK!

Well, I am in full fall swing!  I must say, I love the colors of fall the best but I do enjoy my summer days!  But on to the fun fall colors!!! Also, don't forget that Dreamweaver has a call out for New Design Team Member!  So my post this week is...Fall Leaves!

So I am going to start with my supply list! 
Glossy Card Stock
Color Solutions Ink From Dreamweaver in Aspen Leaf, Paprika Red and Pumpkin
Color Solutions Thinner/Cleaner
Application Tool
Krylon Gold Pen
Gold Embossing Paste
White Glossy Embossing Paste
Mirror Card Stock
Decorative Scissors
Exacto Knife
Pop Dots
Black Matte Card Stock

The first step is to use white glossy paste to emboss the leaf image on black matte paper.

Repeat the process with gold paste and let them dry.

While you are waiting for the paste to dry get out your glossy card stock and your Color Solutions.  On the applicator put a few drops of each color.  I wanted the orange/red to show more so put less of the aspen color.  I placed a few drops of the thinning solution on the applicator as well.  Then, right before applying the ink to the paper I pressed the gold pen on the applicator too.  I rubbed the applicator all over the glossy paper.  I used more of an up and down motion on this card.  You can twist it or do streaks,whatever you can dream up.

Once the paste is dry do the same process over the now dry paste.  I love the way the same ink looks different on the two colors of paste.  I also carefully colored over the white paste on the limb with gold.

Next, I cut best as I could around the delicate image with scissors.  Once I had trimmed all I could easily with the scissors I used my Exacto to get all the details.

So now I start to build my card!  first with the base card, then a slightly smaller white layer that I used postage stamp scissors on and trimmed with gold.  On top of that I put my alcohol ink colored glossy paper.  Nest is a small strip of mirror paper.  I then carefully started to layer the leaves on the card front.  The lower branch I kept closer to the card and then as the branches go higher I popped the leaves up at different heights from 1 pop dot to as many as three! 

Here is my finished card!


Thanks for coming by to see my creation this week.  Leave me some love and become a follower for chances at blog candy.  Once I reach 100 followers I will have one give away and then will have one for every additional 25!  Tell your friends and let me know you invited them for extra chances for prizes!

Happy Creating!
Kristi

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I want to see it in person someday! Some cards are works of art Kristi and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are rich and intense, just like the leaves of a real maple tree. It's beautiful, Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi as Lynell said this card is a work of art. I love the rich vibrant color and the way you popped the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful colors on this. Love how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Kristi! I love fall colors too, and these are faublous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks to one and all! Lynell, I will just have to mail this one to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly beautiful Kristi!!! I can't wait to give it a try!!! Thanks for being so inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?