About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I don't usually do the Halloween thing but this year with the cool printers trays from McGuffey Woodworking, I just had to participate!  I have had fun using Dreamweaver stencils and various items from the Scrapbook Generation, my local store and some fun things from 7 gypsies and more!  I even used some of the new line of Authentique papers.   So I will show you each component then the finished piece!
I used the cool paper for the background.  And with the trays from McGuffey Woodworking, the backs come off so you can get your designs right up to the edge.  I then stencil with orange matte paste the pumpkins. After dry I stenciled again with crackle paste.  Love that stuff.  I added just a hit of brown in over the top of the crackle. I stenciled the spider first in gold, the black and finally in red.  I added my fun little bottle in the corner.
Sorry this photo is not clearer.  I used some fun papers for the strip across the top of the rectangle then used my faux scrabble tiles for the BOO!  Using matte paste I stenciled the jack-o-laterns.  Once dry I added a little nose on one and hung a fun "skeleton" key for fun.

What is Halloween with out a witching hour?  I first put the bare trees stencil down and sprayed with Fireworks from Tsukineko.  I then just started adding layers of elements. More words, another fun bottle, a clock face for the effect and a moon! Had to think the whole thing was a bit spooky with a fun sticker!
Again, I added the paper and the letters to the box.  Then I added some 3D embellishments and a fun key hole to go with the key from box 2!
As much as I HATE spiders...this is a fun box.  I used the spider web stencil in black glossy paste and tossed some glitter here and there.  I then added 3 spiders.  Each spider is a different paste, one crawling into the box is crackle, the the pearl paste and finally the black glossy.  Again, adding the fun bottle is a great touch.
Again fun paper with edging in brown ink.  I used a partial stencil to get the raven. I just LOVE the scrable type letters and the fun embellishment.  So here is the finished product!
These boxes are so much fun to make and just in time for a haunted Halloween!  I added little stickers and the ruler from 7 Gypsies and a couple of black mosaics just for fun!  Hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween.  BOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. fabulous job darling , just fabulous. Scary too ! Especially that face at the bottom bhahahaha

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?