About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday

Well it is Dream Scheme with Dreamweaver again.  Today is a sketch by team member Kim.

so today is a sketch challenge and I decided to turn the sketch on its side.

I love the layers!  I used the double glitter technique on the dogwood stencil.  This is one of my all time favorites.  I used three shades of pink on the petal and green on the leaves.  There is a hint of yellow on the flower centers!.  I used the waterfall method with the different colors.  Once I removed the stencil from the paper (remember to always lay the stencil face down and pull the paper off the stencil to avoid bending your stencil) I covered the design in crystal glitter.  I then just layered my papers and ribbons to do the sketch...or my interpretation of the sketch!  Thanks Kim for the fun challenge!

For those of you keeping up with the Art for Joplin Auction over $1,600 was rasied through the online auction.  Thank you one and all for your support!

Kristi

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kristi, I think this design really lends itself to the double glitter technique. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Kristi. And your interpretation is a perfect match for the patterned papers and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sparkle and shades of pink! Congrats on the auction! You put so much time and effort into it. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kristi, beautiful colors and love the glittering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! The dogwoods look great and I love the three ribbons down the side too.,

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Kristi!! I hope you are well and not working too hard!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?