About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday! FREE WEEK

I am so excited.  The auction on EBAY is going well for Joplin.  You can still get in on some auction items including a package of Dreamweaver goodies!  So, I messed up last week and posted a free theme so this week really is a free theme.  I am sharing an altered printers tray using the NEW ARTIST GRADE ALCOHOL INKS, Paste, paint, hoo has and doo dads! The alcohol inks are highly pigmented and stay wet a bit longer so you have more time to work!  So this is my fun post today!  I have lots of photos as this is an in depth project!  Check the end of the blog for full list of supplies or as much as I remember!  Enjoy
I started with a blank printers tray from McGuffey Woodworking/BK Design Studio.  These are crafted in the mid-west.  See the next photo!

What makes this tray different is the back panel comes off so you can draw your grid lines, paint, paper and all else and not fight with paper curling, hitting the sides of the compartments etc.

This is the gird that will be painted and re-attached to the back board.

Next I painted the areas I wanted with a base coat.  I also found papers I wanted to use.  These happen to be papers by
7 Gypsies and attached with a wonderful new Pam Carriker Mixed Media Adhesive by Matisse.

I added some crackle paint over some area.  I used the Ranger brand.

You can see how the crackle is happening. 

  • This is where the really cool stuff comes in!  Because the back of the box pops off you can stencil using paste.  I attached the LJ825 stencil to the box and used gold embossing paste!

Next I did the small flourish stencil in crackle paste.

Then the leopard print was added with black glossy paste.

I added the mosaic background last with pearl paste!

I put the now painted grid over the background. I did do a little touch up here and there along with stamping some images!

Now the real fun began.  I added a bottle from some beads I purchased, added the scrabble style letters and the best thing is the cool transparent pear!  This is where I used the ALCOHOL INKS on acetate then traced and cut out the PEAR STENCIL!  I know, you are all shocked I used the pear!

More objects added.

The domino was colored with ALCOHOL INKS then stamped with one of my all time favorite stamps...a peacock from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  I glued it in but did remove the excess glue.

I stamped the Travel with Staz-on and added the dominoes.  I did more ALCOHOL INK on the domino with the cat eyes...also by Prickley Pear.

I stamped this image on acetate and then used rubons by 7 Gypsies.

Love how the pear looks with the color yet transparent! 

I also matched the paper on the dominoes in the little boxes above the pear.

Added some flowers and wings on the word stamp, also by Prickley Pear.

This is the finished box.  I call it "MY FAVORITE THINGS"  as in includes, pears, travel, art, flowers, animals and above all a very subtle amount of GLITTER!
I hope you have enjoyed my artful journey today.  So glad it was a free week this week so I could share.  Keep looking for more fun trays and altered art!

Supplies:
Printer Tray : McGuffey Woodworking
Paint: Golden
Adhesives: Pam Carriker Mixed Media Adhesive/Weldbond/Dries Clear Glue from Art Institute
Stencils & Paste: Dreamweaver Stencils
Misc. Embellishments: Ranger/7 Gypsies/Petaloo
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous and Prickely Pear Rubber Stamps
Paper: 7 Gypsies
ALCOHOL INKS: Dreamweaver Stencils

Please make sure and visit all the other Dream Team Blogs!  (they are listed to the left ) 
Play along for chances to win Blog Candy!  Thanks for stopping by!
 Kristi

8 comments:

  1. WOW...that was a real art project Kristi! How long did it take you to do? unbelievably creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, this is an amazing project. I, too, am wondering how long it took, but it was well worth it. The faux stained glass pear is my favorite. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH...picking my jaw up off the floor...this is utterly SPECTACULAR Kristi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW and WOW!!! This is incredible, I love how that back comes off so you really do what you want with each area. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an ambitious project, Kristi, and you certainly pulled it off. Looks like you had a blast doing it! Love the transparent pear. The new Color Solutions on acetate are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks one and all. Since I helped to build the box from scratch it took longer! But when I actually got started working it took a total of about 6 hours, maybe less. Waiting for paint/paste to dry took the longest time!! Thank you all for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi, this is amazing! Nice photos to go with also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE that pear over the gold leaves! So incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?