About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dreamweaver Thrusday

So sorry for my absence last week.  Was in a minor car wreck and was out of town...so any way, I am back and ready to post!  And it is going up a bit early this week to boot! (I am fine, the car is fine just a little stiff and sore!  I created today on Hydrocodone so hope it all makes sense! LOL)

I want to use my post this week to wish all of our friends in Canada a Happy Thanksgiving.  I made this card today using Alcohol Ink, Glitter, Paste and faux Scrabble tiles.
I started by using glossy paper and alcohol ink in shades of orange, red and yellow.  I also added some gold leafing pen for the polished stone look! 

Next I used glossy white paste on black paper and let it dry.  I love the Japanese Maple Leaf Stencil! Once the paste was dry I applied alcohol ink to it as well.

I made sure my ink had dried well and used black glossy paste to emboss the one corner of the fall stencil.  I then used the waterfall technique with glitter on the embossed image. 

I attached the all the layers after the paste was dry then attached the letters.  I also cut out the parts of the leaf image I wanted to use for the corner and attached them to the card front!

So that is my card for this week!  Hope you enjoy!  And all of you in Canada..Happy Thanksgiving On the 10 and celebrate a bit early!

Happy creating!
Kristi

7 comments:

  1. Kristi... Glad to here that you are ok. I'm here in Tucson visiting and was lucky enough to get here before the dust storm that caused some major accidents. Hoping that when I leave on Saturday morning to go home all is calm. LOvely card as usual I really enjoyed the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah...this is way too sparkly. Needing my sunglasses here. Really, truly gorgeous card Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are alright. Sorry that your car is stiff and sore! Lol. Fabulous glitter job on these pumpkins! Great photo of the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're OK. Love the card with all the techniques, products and bling! We're having rain today and this really picks up the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kristi, a we're on a pumpkin theme here, but then it's that time of year. Take care of yourself woman and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better each day! Lovely card, gotta love that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty Kristi!! I hope your better from the car accident!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?