About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Color Way Challenge For Dreamweaver Thursday

Well, I am excited this week for the challenge is lime and gray!  Now, I could have done a card but that would be super easy!  So, I started with a mini stencil by Dreamweaver.  I also mixed my glossy green embossing paste with a little yellow paste to make my lime color! 

So I put the stencil on my grayish geode stone and used my lime paste to emboss the apple.  (My kids are back in school and I can't help but think of an apple for the teacher!)  I set the stone aside to dry. 

After the paste was 100% dry and set I wire wrapped the pendant.  When I finished the actually wrapping I used the loose ends to add beads as an accent.  So this is the final product!

Hope you have enjoyed today's post.  If you really like this piece come visit my store on Art Fire!  You can buy this piece or several others!  See you next week!  Congratulations again to all the winners of the Woodware Blog Hop!  Enjoy your goodies!

Happy Creating
Kristi

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Your wire-wrapping techniques are perfect! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Those paste colors together look great. Who would have thunk??? Beautiful Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Molly, I am very impressed! You did a great job,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must be a pretty good sized geode! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea mixing those pastes! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! The stone is not very large at all. I used the uber small apple. I use a lot of partial bits of stencils so it fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh...it is pictured here just about actual size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know we had a tiny apple stencil! Breaking away from the pear? Lol. You create some truly beautiful jewelry pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kristi...that is a lovely necklace! Yes, that "umber small" stencil is from a teacher's set of four that has been discontinued. But great for your purpose of selling your creations...exclusive!LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOPs! reread that after I posted and misspelled Ubber as umber...is Ubber even a word? People are starting to use that a lot...and I have to admit I like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?