About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Monday, August 29, 2011

Woodware Blog Hop/Dreamweaver Stencils

The Dreamweaver design team is partying with the UK Woodware Craft Collection design team to bring you innovative ways to use our wonderful Dreamweaver stencils and supplies all week long! Woodware is Dreamweaver Stencils' exclusive distributor in the UK. By the end of the week, you'll have seen stencils used in inspirational ways you just couldn't have imagined, and you'll see that, although our stencils are wonderful for paper crafting, they have SO MANY other uses too! We'll have several posts a day for you, from Monday August 29th to Saturday September 3rd. At the end of our celebration, each designer will randomly select a winner from all blog comments to receive a free Dreamweaver stencil. We are looking forward to sweet comments from you and we will send blog candy your direction. We look forward to you partying along with us! Welcome to the Woodware Blog Hop! I am sharing some projects using Dreamweaver Stencils! I have been doing some work on jewelry boxes. This first box I am showing you is one that I picked up at a craft store. I have stained it and then added the designs. I used alcohol ink on glossy paper to create the lined paper on both sides of the image I embossed on copper.

I used the LX Damask Stencil. It is so lovely and is great when the copper is gone over in a light coat of various alcohol inks and the buffed out again!



Love how the ink just makes the design pop!







This second piece is the top panel to another box that is a work in progress..front and back! Thanks to Brad McGuffey, owner of McGuffey Woodworking for giving me the awesome materials to design on! Check back Thursday for one of the completed boxes!!!


hop to see Liz next!
Liz at: http://www.blackcatsstudios.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

  1. So many stencils, so many ideas, so little time! Can't wait to come back on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jewelery box is so beautiful,simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece. Really beautiful colors Kristi...you know me and aqua...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what fab ideas you lot are giving us !! Love the jewelery box !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi, these are beautiful - too good for jewelery. They belong in a prominent place where everyone can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see more pics. The backgrounds of your stencils are fabulous!!! I hope you are well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the copper embossing! So very lovely!!

    And I'm new to your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you. Stop over to my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristi, these pieces are lovely. Looking forward to stopping back on Thurs.
    Love and hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box -- I love the look of the damask stencil in copper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your copper piece is beautiful, but what blows me is the piece with the running horses. I can feel the wind. The background painting with the cracked earth and the movement in the sky are simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Daria - the running horses are fantastic. Looking forward to seeing the completed boxes.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the box, how nice to sit on your desk knowing you have decorated it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Kristi, that embossed copper is great.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?