About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Woodware Blog Hop with Dreamweaver Stencils and McGuffey Woodworking

The Dreamweaver design team is partying with the UK Woodware design team to bring you innovative ways to use our wonderful Dreamweaver stencils and supplies all week long! By the end of the week, you'll have seen stencils used in inspirational ways you just couldn't have imagined, and you'll see that, although our stencils are wonderful for paper crafting, they have SO MANY other uses too! We'll have several posts a day for you, from Monday August 29th to Saturday September 3rd. At the end of our celebration, each designer will randomly select a winner from all blog comments to receive a free Dreamweaver stencil. We look forward to you partying along with us!


Here's my entry for today:

I am a super blessed woman.  I have great products to design with and a Fab Friend to make high quality wooden boxes of all sorts to design on.    So lets get started! 

I am ready for fall, well, sort of!  I must say, I do enjoy the warm but LOVE the colors of fall! So I had a removable panel for the top of the box and started with the original Embossing Paste.

The next part of the process was to color in the background colors.  I used Shiva Paint Sticks to add a rich, yet shimmer of color.  Then I pasted black paste with a different leaf stencil.
I then decided it needed more!  Of course! So I added stenciling all around the box.  This got a little tricky on the corners but after the front dried 100% I just wrapped the design around the box!
I love the drama of the black paste on the white oak!    After I got most of the design done this is what I had.
I was pretty happy with this but then decided to add in some Metalic FX to accent the leaves on top!
Hope you enjoyed the creation of the art part of the box! Thanks to Brad McGuffey, owner of McGuffey Woodworking for giving me the awesome box!

Happy Hopping!
Dorothy at https://dorriesdoodles.wordpress.com/


Kristi at http://www.kristiscreativecafe.blogspot.com/ me...you are here

Laura at http://www.rememberinglifesmoments.blogspot.com/ visit next

Louise at http://www.artfullyarticulate.blogspot.com/

Wendy at http://www.papertherapy-wendy.blogspot.com/

Here is the completed horse box!



Happy Hoppin!

Also, visit my store on Art Fire.  I have some great stamps sets on there.  Just click the link to the right!

19 comments:

  1. Such beautiful boxes! Great work, as usual, Kristi--but where are the sparkles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These are lovely boxes. What a great idea.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work & beautiful boxes a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Fab Kristi !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! Love the effects with the Shiva stick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how talented and what wonderful boxes, great inspiration. Really love the rust leaf tones, on box

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful boxes. I am currently paint/decoupaging two unfinished wooden boxes to house some of my ink pads and it never occurred to use stencils and embossing paste to further embellish them. Any thoughts on how the paste would wear with use? Perhaps faux cloisonne would be a good finish for wear but I'm not sure what would happen when heating the embossing powder!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...pasting paste onto paste. That must have been a challenge Kristi! Lots of work in this. But the paste is 100% acrylic and will wear forever. And to answer Marijane's ? ...the faux cloisonné would be a great finish for the paste on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paste on paste, turned out beautiful. Your friend makes fabulous boxes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those projects are incredible! Thank you for such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good ideas on Kristi's blog. These are impressive, but the horse box is my fave. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZA is all I can say. You can send me that first box if you will. Can I have a box to decorate???

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful. You are a lucky lady to have access to such lovely boxes.
    Thanks for all the inspiration
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the look of the leaves you pasted and painted on the top of the box. That design blends in so well with the wood. The black embossed leaves look great. The way you wrapped them around the corners is a nice touch.

    I loved seeing the boxes you finished with the horses and the boots. They turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love the look of the black against the oak grain -- the leaf box has to be my favorite of all three.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of having a panel that comes out to stencil on! Great design by your friend, and by you! Love the subtle leaves in the background and the F/x on the ones in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you one and all for the kind comments! Don't forget to check back every Thrusday for our Dreamweaver Postings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW kristi both your boxes are really beautiful but I especially love the leaves. you allways give me such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful projects - love them.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?