About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme/Urgent Prayer Request

First...this is a sketch week.  I have failed.  I have not done the sketch but do have a card to share.  For those that do want to play along this is the sketch challenge.
This has been a difficult week for me.  I have been doing lots of praying!  A friend of mine from high school went missing on Monday while doing his job with the water division of the hwy patrol.  His K9 partner was recovered on Tuesday night about 7pm.  Fred is still missing.  We are not giving up hope.  We are praying for the family and for Fred. If he is still alive, he needs to be found soon as it is very hot in Missouri and it has been over 48 hours.  If he has gone to meet Jesus, the prayer is to find him so he can be put to rest.   I usually do not put a lot of personal stuff like this on my blog, but this is very close to my heart.
Officer Fred Guthrie and K9 Trooper Reed  - 
RIP Reed: trusted and faithful friend
As for my card this week.  I am using many elements.  Time can do many things!  Praying time is on Fred's side!
I guess if you turn the sketch on it's side and do layers rather than panels and keys and things this could be a sketch! I used the Gears stencil on the back of acetate with copper paste.

Happy Creating
Kristi

13 comments:

  1. Kristi....your card is really beautiful and I m praying the time is on Fred's side. Will keep positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of interesting components to your card! Sending 'em up for your friend Kristi, can only imagine his family's anguish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post and your friend is in my thoughts and prayers, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you and Fred's family. I join with in prayer that he is found and safe. May God bless you all with His perfect peace and hope. Great card too. I love the theme of time as the Holy Spirit keeps reminding me that time waits for no one. We must live in the NOW and make the most of the time that we are given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your friend, I'll pray for him and his family. Love your card, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi....I am praying!!! Love ya sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart just hurts for you and his family. So difficult. Love this card, Kristi, lots of layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi, this is so amazing. I love all the details. I am still praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kristi, love the card and thoughts and prayers for Fred's loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this fellow the one that's been on the news? His truck was running and the door open, but he was missing? If so, I sympathize with you. Much mystery. By the way, are you putting this card into Scrap & Stamp Arts Steampunk issue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and yours and his are all in my prayers. This is also a beautiful piece. I love the gears stencil on that acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you all for the prayers and can't put it in a mag if in the blog...has to be unseen! thanks for asking tho!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful and creative as always!

    My prayers are with you. Please let me know what happens.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?