About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday! Sketch Challenge

Hello from Chicago!!!  As I sit here with fellow design team member Laura Drahozal I think of the GREAT time we have had in Chicago doing a very fun workshop and Demo!  We had two fun filled days of stencils, metal and foil, OH MY!  Huge shout out to Magdalena Muldoon for coming from Dallas to teach us so many wonderful techniques with wonderful MercArt products.  The card I ended up making is a take on the challenge.
Lynell Harlow, Owner of Dreamweaver Stencils giving me a look as she holds the card!


Up Close And Personal!

Of course I can't do anything as directed so I turned my card vertical and did a small design rather than 1/2 of the card.  Other than that, I am proud of me for getting this one close!

I started with the Mustard Colored Aluminum.  I embossed the lizard (LM2004) using the Cuttlebug then added more depth and detail with  the metal tools.  The Mosaic Background (LJ901)was added.  Then the entire image was lightly sanded.  It was amazing to then flatten out the background and see the lines from where the stencil had been.  More sanding/taking off of color was done with the fiberglass brush to really expose the aluminum.  Then more working with the metal/metal tools, to make the image puff out.  The word was added with Gold Embossing Paste! (LS89)

We all had so much fun and it was also great to go to The Cottage Stamper in St. Charles, Illinois and do some demos and hang out with Nancy!


Hope to hear from some of you gals that took the classes and were at the demonstration at The Cottage Stamper!  See you next time!

Happy Creating,
Kristi






9 comments:

  1. Awww....sounds like you all had so much fun!! I wish I could have been there. I am such a dud. It looks like you all had a great time and learned alot. Great card. I can't wait to hear all about it! Safe travels my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kristi ...I love that you always tweek the sketches it is always so much fun to see what you are going to come up with. It looks like you all had a great time in Chicago, I wish I could have been there, but alas my dental patient's would have missed me. your card is fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh, how YUMMY!!! Love that dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to meet you in person Kristi. The workshop was fun and fabulous! This turned out great. See you at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys all had a blast! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you all had a great time and made some really cool cards. Really sorry to have missed this amazing opportunity and CHA next month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi...you are amazing. Even with all you had on your platter this week you were creating a theatrical experience with your blog. hahahaha! You do make me laugh girl! That was clever to get that worked into the sketch the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics of Lynell (with the "look"!) and Nancy! It was sooo fun to see you, Laura, and Louise. Love how you even got a worked metal border strip in on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You CRACK ME UP. I cannot BELIEVE that you did this at that class. You crazy woman! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?