About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday - Blue & Orange Challenge

Dreamweaver Thursday is back!  This week is a color way challenge and we would love you have you play along and post on the Dreamweaver Blog!  I have a couple of cards for this week. I am also so excited to tell you about the two new DVDs put out by Dreamweaver and Lynell used some samples from the entire design team!  I am super excited!!!
These should be coming to a store near you soon!!!

On to the challenge!  Blue & Orange!!!

This was the 2nd card I did using the double glitter technique on the new stencil of Japanese Maple Leaf.  I also used the same glitter technique with lace for the back ground.  I used DoubleMates by Worldwin.  I punched the fun EK Success border out of the lighter side.  Tie a bow and put a little blue flower under the bow and there you have it.  I love the cut up stencil design to look like a window!

This card is made with the sludge technique.  The blending of colors on one stencil. I love the NEW apron stencil. I used a combination of orange/yellow/pearl paste.  I then let it dry and layered and layered and layered.  All of the solid card stock is again by Worldwin and is a Petallic paper.  It has a GREAT shimmer to it. 

Hope you have all enjoyed this weeks installment of of Dreamweaver Thrusday!  Don't forget to start at the Dreamweaver blog and view all the creations by this GREAT design team.

7 comments:

  1. at least I am just a day off! LOL Enjoy any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better early than late (let's hear it for those little Shrekisms). Better out than In?...well anyway I think your creation is just gorgeous! You have more energy than just about anyone I know for creating, except maybe the other members of this team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kristi. I just love that new maple branch stencil and your glitter technique looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kristi this card is stunning do you ever have a bad card. LOL I can't believe the beautiful work you turn out week after week. You sure have the glitter technique down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had fun this week, didn't you? Your maple leaves are gorgeous, especially with the "window pane" appearance. Don't you love using that sludge paste technique? You never know what you'll get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, Kristi. The maple leave stencil is beautiful in glitter and the texture in the apron "fabric" really stands out. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You over-achiever! Good job, as usual! I especially like what you did with the apron.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?