About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dreamweaver Thursday...Early Post!!!



Hello all.  Today is Dreamweaver Thursday!  Today is a color way challenge and I got to pick the colors.  Inspired my my dear friend Pam Carriker I chose yellow and teal.    I am not sure the rest of the design team is as enthused and I am! LOL  Sorry guys but it really is pretty and a lot of the new trends are putting these colors together as well.   I used pattern paper from My Minds Eye and solid papers  by Worldwin!  I also did not do a card, I did a two page scrapbook layout.  My design team buddy Wendy likes how I use pattern papers with stencils so I did a bit of that too.  I am also back to glitter and bling this week!!! Great to be back!!!

 This is the two page spread.  I still have to do the journaling part but it is from the adventures for the last couple of weeks.  The production of Hello Dolly at Evangel University in Springfield, MO!  Pictured are some of the cast and the amazing costumer Casey July...(and new FRIEND). 




  
 But I love these owls and these kids are a "HOOT"!

Added a bit of the flourish in the corner for some texture.
And glitter of course!

I also love this photo with the caption!  This is Dolly!

The ribbon is sewn on by Casey.  Cool double needle zig zag! and the other is stitched on as well.  I then faux stitched around the owls.



Hope you all like my weird color combo!  I love it! 

Supplies used:
Worldwin Papers
Spellbinders Owl Nestabilities
My Minds Eye pattern paper
ribbons and other embellishments by My Minds Eye.

8 comments:

  1. You are fabulous Kristi!!! Your teal and yellow are so subtle. You do great things with paper, stencils and paste. Do you want to come and visit me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of the stencils on the page. I especially cracked up when I saw the Fine Feathered Friends and the picture you had with that stencil--how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the challenge this week, it definately was a challenge for me to work with these two colors. I like the creative use of the stencils on your pages, it sounds like the production was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi .. this was a great challenge and I love what you did with this two page layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kristi! Great page layout. I really like how you used the flourish in the corner. I'm definitely going to try that one. Thanks for the color scheme it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of papers and stencils that you used for this. The blingy flourish in the corner was perfect with that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievable Kristi. ... The combination of those colors throughout your work is great. Thanks for the inspiration...it must have taken you hours to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi - what fun. I liked the color combo - but of course I am off a week so check back next week to see what I have come up with!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?