About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dream Scheme Thursday with Dreamweaver Stencils

This week is a sketch challenge.  Feel free to play along and go to Dreamweaver's blog to let us know you are playing.  Other than the pattern paper, all cardstock is from Worldwin.  Love the Petallics line!

 I used some fun paper but I have also discovered Goosebumps by Tsukineko!  I posted a few days ago on Cutting Above using this great spray as a texture.  Here I have used it as a resist on the bamboo background.  I sprayed the stencil with the Goosebumps then placed it face down on the paper.  Once dry I used some of the vivid colors of Memory Mist sprays and buffed off.  I love the soft look it gives.  I then used a mixture of gold/pearl paste on the butterfly. 
 I stamped the phrase by spraying some of them mist on wax paper and dipping the stamp in the blended colors.  I had to stamp it off a couple of times but I love the result.
I finally took a closer up shot so you can see the GREAT texture on the bamboo background!

Happy Creating!
Kristi

9 comments:

  1. Good morning my talented friend!!! The butterfly stencil that you used was on of my first ones and still one of my favorites. I hope you are doing well. Love ya!! Call me up. You know where I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kristi, that bamboo background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooo adventuresome with your materials Kristi! FAB butterfly and interpretation of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi as Lynell said above you are very adventuresome with your material, It is always so fun to visit your blog to see what new and interesting technique youv'e come up with, I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and fun. I like what you did with my template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Kristi! Love the subtle bamboo background, the shiny butterfly, and especially that you used the mists to ink your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card chock full of more techniques to try out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks all... I am in Branson and finally used the auto post and so happy it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, Kristi. You are really creative. I love the saying, too.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?