About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dream Scheme Thursday...Play along! Color Way Challenge!!

This weeks challenge is a Color Way Challenge of Blue/Brown/Cream.  I did several fun things on the challenge this week.  Make sure and go to the Dreamweaver Blog to play along!
I think the key to many lovely cards is the layering.  I love to layer!  This card has 6 layers of the card then layers of flowers, a layer of different color paste embossed and glittered layer and a stamped and embossed layered.  Of course there is bling in the corners!  Love all the layers.

Supply List:
All papers are by Worldwin
Stencil by Dreamweaver
Patterned paper by Nikki Sivils
Stamp by Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous)
Embossing Powders by Judikins
Ink by Tsukineko
Flowers: various
Bling from Wal-Mart


You can see the background paste embossed design that is glittered behind the flower.

Then the same design paste embossed with brown glitter applies over the paste.
The words are stamped in VersaFine ink then embossing powder added and heated.  I like to tear out the words and the edge the top layer with ink.  I then tore the bottom layer.  This is double sided paper and it is a solid color core so the lighter color shows through!
Generic bling from Wal-Mart!

I also use a Gold Krylon to edge some of the layers to make them pop as well.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of layers! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was WOW WOW WOW!! Love how you used the colors Kristi. Exceptionally layered I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the torn layers you added and that touch of gold ink around the edges. Girl, you are the layering queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and fabulous card my friend!! I love layers as well!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all...I am just now hopping! see you on your blogs soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layers, too, my friend! Great job with that damask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin`that glittered damask...swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always know how to finish a project. I sometimes feel my projects are missing something. Need to remember to bling. The peeking background through the torn paper is great. Love watching for what you'll do next!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?