About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Encasutic Board Has Arrived! I love UPS

Follow my blog for more chances to win blog candy!  When I reach 100 followers I will give a prize!!!
UPS came for a visit and brought me some great products for Ampersand Art Supply!  They make all sorts of different boards for different mediums and just recently came out with encausticbord.  This is specially treated to really hold the wax for the base layers of encaustic art.  Encaustic art is made using melted bee's wax and it really lovely!


I was so happy to find the supplier for this great product and was also super excited that I met the wonderful people at Kandi Corp who have just come out with a great new encaustic wax and iron!  I also met Trish Baldwin who is the creator of EncaustiKits!

I loved the class I took with Trish and was lucky to take the class with two of my great Friends Joe Rotella and Carole Lassak of Create & Craft.  We got to play with some of the EncaustiKits!

This is Joe and Carole!!  How fun are they!
my first attempts at encasutic art
samples by Trish



Trish Baldwin was a wonderful teacher and with my recent interest in the wonderful world of encaustics..well it was perfect!

This was a fabulous time and I am sooo excited to melt some more wax and play with more transfers. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I can feel your excitment! That class got me fired up as well. And what a great picture you took by the way! I never look good in pics, so I'm very happy with that one.

    I can't wait to see what you make with your new supplies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! It was fun! So much to do so little time...wow!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?