About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dream Scheme Thrusday! Valentines In Pink and Brown!

Ok, so the challenge was using pink and brown so I started gather the supplies I thought I might want to use.  Got out a variety of stencils, a couple of pastes, Shiva paint sticks, WorldWin papers, low tack tape, fun decorative paper from Nikki Sivils, decorative pins, Stampee sticky powder with film, glitter and some ink.  From there I started figuring out the base cards.  So I will try and give you a run down of products used for each card.

I stamped a heart image by on the base card with Encore in from Tsukineko.  I then sprinkled some sticky embossing powder over the stamped images and heated.  I then set this layer aside. This new powder from Stampee is different than previous powders, you can heat it up and then let it sit.  When you are ready you put the film over the image and run it through a laminator or use a craft iron to set the film.  (you do need to put protective paper over the the image before running through the laminator or ironing)
The pattern paper that the sentiment is embossed on is from Nikki Sivils Sugar Cookie collection!
 
I used translucent paste to emboss the sentiment and the heart.  I used two colors of glitter on the sentiment and just pink on the heart.  I placed them on a griddle on the lowest setting to help them speed dry.  While they were drying I punched the border out and put a gold edge around the layers. I finished putting it all together and popped up the heart and the center heart is a little embellishment by K & Co!
Now the 2nd Card....

I once again used a solid base card and then used another fun paper from the Sugar Cookie collection. I then used the wonderful Flourish stencil with paste and glittered over it in two colors.  I set that on the griddle to set quicker. I then started looking for additional hearts to use as embellishments on the card.
The final card....

I found the heart I wanted to use for background and used the Shiva stick in gold around the edges.  I also punched another border out and added ink.  I put the sticky powder on and heat embossed.  I then used some prism foil and ran it through the laminator. When all the paste was dry I added a very aged looking strip of Sugar Cookie distressed with ink and attached to the card front.  I added the border punch. I went over the love birds with Krylon Gold pen and attached to the prepared heart with dimensional squares.  Added a few more K & Co Hearts and Sentiment.  I like the way the card came out in the end!
I hope you all enjoyed today's Dream Scheme!  I really wanted to share several ideas and hope you each have a fun Valentine's Day.

Happy Creating,
Kristi

9 comments:

  1. Great cards Kristi. I really like the gold on the lovebirds, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wowi Kristi!!! You did lots of pink and brown and brown and pink and glitter and rows of bows and trim and wowi Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a busy girl this week! Love the little touch of the polka dot hearts here and there. Fun challenge, Kristi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really an overachiever this week, Kristi! These cards are all quite lovely, and, I imagine, even lovelier in person. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi, you are having way tooo much fun with this technique! And so am I! Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was busy..yesterday from about 5pm to 10:30pm..I work better under pressure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, you had FUN with this one Missy! Gorgeous cards...love the glittery bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definetly feel the love with your cards. I love the stenciling on patterned paper!! Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! No funk here! Your cards are fantastic. I always have ideas to use lots of mediums and do-dads, but when I sit down to do they always come out simplistic. Really love how you made everything come together. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?