About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cardabilities and Dream Scheme Thursday...a day early!

I am posting a day early as I am headed to LA for CHA!  I will be working with my Dreamweaver buddies and our fearless leader Lynell Harlow and I am sure having more fun than ought to be legal!!  So the Dreamweaver challenge this week was teal/brown/kraft in color and cardabilities had a sketch.  This is what I came up with...I went horizontal rather than vertical and my teal is on the green side, but that is how it goes.  I am sharing the sketch first!

This is also another sneak peak of one of the stencils we are revealing at CHA!  I love the owls and I wish to goodness I could remember the paper company for the owls and the pattern paper.  I will have to check it out and try to share that with you next week.
On this card I used my PanPastels to color the owls then used Dreamweaver Transparent paste.   I just love the the look.  I also like adding the edging of Gold Krylon Pen.  I also tend to distress the edges with my trusty chalk cat eye in dark brown!

I look forward to sharing more after CHA and lots of photos!!!

Happy Creating!
Kristi

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Kristi! You are the MASTER of the Pan Pastels, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi you always turn out the best cards. After seeing all the wonderful cards you have done with the Pan Pastels I've decided to get some to play with. Any tips you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Have fun at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUV the owls ... Boy you guys are talking a whole new language about these stencils & pastes & Pan Pastels. I THOUGHT I had EVERYTHING to do with card making but I can see there's a new technique out there I haven't even heard of yet. Going to a class this weekend so hopefully I'll understand all this in a few days. (Sounds like the old pocketbook is going to take a hit) ... Too much fun !!!
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to mention a new foil technique we learned in CA and the fun way to do metal! WOW I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?