About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thursday Dream Schemes - Love in the new year!

Our challenge for this week was Love in the New Year!  We have some GREAT Heart/Valentine stencils.  This is the card of my choice for this week.  This first card is designed to look like a gift but is a card.  I used the great crackle paste, heart background stencil and some mica powders...all brought to you by...Dreamweaver Stencils.  The Metalic FX powders were sprinkles on the wet/dampish paste.  As the paste dried it cracked!  I then added ribbon.  The finishing touch was the straight pin through the center of the bow.  It was originally bright pink but I added a little alcohol ink over the color and there ya go.  Once again, I placed a small dot of Weldbond glue over the sharp tip and added a hint of glitter!

This is a simple fun card for a special someone just to tell them you love them no matter what time of year it happens to be.  Could come in really handy for Valentine's Day which is the next big card giving holiday! 

Happy Creating
Kristi

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Kristi. I love the heart background. I wonder why I have never picked that up. I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that the F/X cracked on the surface! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see what you do Kristi...I never thought of crackle with this but it is a great affect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Would not have thought to use the crackle paste. Very pretty - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, Kristi! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?