About Me

My photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thursday Dreamweaver Dream Schemes

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! I want to welcome you to my first post for Dreamweaver Dream Schemes! Every Thursday the entire Dream Team from Dreamweaver will be posting a special card, challenge or some other great card or project featuring Dreamweaver Stencils! You will want to visit all the blogs every Thursday for some fun and creative ideas for Dreamweaver Stencils.


Our first Challenge given by our fearless leader Lynell:
Thanksgiving Day Parade of Christmas Cards in non traditional colors. I gave you a sneak peek yesterday so here is the entire project! So...Ta Da...a very non traditional colors Christmas Card!!!

So I started with a mustard yellow base card and then layered a cool piece of paper by Basic Grey on top for my backdrop. This is where I pulled all the different colors from to make the card. I loved the peachy color and happy to have a cool snip it of peach ribbon stuff. I added it to the side of the card.
I then went to work building my pear. I started with glossy blue embossing paste on the sister paper of the one already on the card
While the pear was drying I used black glossy embossing paste on the flip side of the paper for my "Merry Christmas". (I ended up just pasting right on the card so now I have a spare!)
The next bit gets repetitive so will not show you each step but I had to go over the again with crackle paste this time and let it dry. I then added a little creamy brown chalk in by Clearsnap so the crackle paste was not so white.


I then put the pear stencil back in place and layered the partridge stencil where I wanted it on the pear. The entire image does not fit which is why I left the pear stencil over the image. This prevents my next step on using the black glossy paste on the partridge from getting any on the background paper! I layered everything together for the finished project. A VERY non traditional colors Christmas Card!

Hope you all enjoy the THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE OF CARDS...brought to you by the
Dreamweaver Dream Team!

Come back every Thursday for another installment of Thursday Dream Schemes!

Don't forget to visit each of the blogs I have to the right to see their GREAT creations as well!

Happy Thanksgiving from one who is thankful for so much!

Kristi

14 comments:

  1. wowweee Kristeee! There were a lot of steps to this babeee. And love how the colors are "off color". Lol Nothing traditional about these beautiful peaches and warm tones. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Kristi -- especially the stencil over the stencil on the crackle paste. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to have the partridge inside the crackled pear! Thanks alot, Kristi--now I need to buy the partridge, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win the most creative with a pear stencil. AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Kristi I love everything about this card, the paper , the ribbon the stencils you used and I really need to get that partridge stencil. you are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! Love that partridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This the most non-traditional card so far. I really love the look of that pear with the blue paste on the bottom - I never would have thought of that and the cream finish is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever using the Partridge in a Pear Tree with the pear. Especially love the crackle past finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is WOWZERS!! I love it Kristi!! I hope you had a super Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am overwhelmed...thank you all. I am truly thankful for each of you and the inspiration you give!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kristi - AWESOME and thanks for showing us how beautiful this technique can look. Love your DP's too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOOOOOOOOVE it! What kind of ribbon did you use. I have become a ribbon hoarder and if I see one I like, I have to have it. Dish the details please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. UGH...I think it is a Bo Bunny...But don't quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?