About Me

My Photo
My passion is Creating! I have been fortunate to work with some of the leaders in the Craft and Hobby Industry. See my Creative Resume by clicking on "My Creative Resume".

Monday, October 18, 2010

Easter Card! I know...it's about time!


Well, I am guessing better late than never! So I will break it down as much as possible!
Most of this is accomplished after the card is assembled. So let me start with the egg. I dry embossed the egg then stenciled in my color using PanPastels. I then cut out the egg and placed my large flourish stencil over it. I did tape down one side but the very large stencil covered my egg so it was more to keep everything in place. I then applied pearlescent embossing paste with a hint of blue Mettalic FX. I set this to the side to dry.
I cut my base card to 5 X 7. Then I cut different layer and distressed the edges. The light pink layer is 4 3/4 X 6 3/4. The purple layer is 4 X 6. The pattern paper is 3 1/2 X 5 1/2. I did add a small edge on my purple layer. I pulled the card stock across my ink and then added clear embossing powder and heated it to give a sharp looking edge!
I layered the egg a couple of times and placed it on the card front. I then taped down the sentiment and applied plain pearlescent paste. I let that dry then added the paste on each corner and covered the flourish in glitter! What a shock! My final touch was to add the primo Prima flower!
Happy Creating! Kristi
Be watching Wendy's Blog from The Dreamweaver blogs to the Right! She has a Cool offer of blog candy coming soon!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.....beautiful!!! Great job Kristi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Wendy. Now off to print stuff and continue on the DR...UGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi...thanks for showing a new way to use these stencils. also loving your jewelry...L

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks miss lynell. I love Dreamweaver! I love the owner too! You have a great and creative mind!

    ReplyDelete

How has this inspired you?